1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lets Welcome Our Favourite Welsh Team to the Britannia

Discussion in 'Stoke City' started by THe Mighty Huth Rocks, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Waddos_legends

Waddos_legends Active Member

Cracker I doubt that very much mate. Both you and me know you would prefer to be going to the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal, Man United etc. than Doncaster, Peterborough and Barnsley. The premier league is one of the best in the world and every manager does what it takes to keep them there. Swansea reminded me today of Blackpool last season and look where they are now.

2. Swervyhoof

Swervyhoof Member

You'll soon be doing that .
    Keep the sulking welsh girlies the right side of the dyke - trouble is they believe their own hype (94% pass completion - what a hoot) - could'nt even manage a shot against nasty thuggish stoke - after all, little Swansea have to be home for their bed time Horlicks just after 6 o'clock.
    Keep passing it sideways, backwards and eventually into touch - I notice how all the people moaning on here could'nt travel with the true Swansea fans, but would much rather sit and watch it on the internet - just about somes you lot up for the pathetic bunch of shepherds you really are.

3. Crackerjack

Crackerjack Active Member

I don't go to any games , but if I did , I'd want to watch my team play fluent football , no matter the League . Playing like thugs to stay up , no thanks !!

4. Pottermouth 328

Pottermouth 328 Well-Known Member

No problem re the advice.. I was talking about today's game.. nothing wrong with any of the tackles and to the poster who said.. you would rather go down and play good football.. tell me that IF you do go down. I doubt you will because our game is built on a solid defence. Unlike Swansea's? THAT is why you hardly created a chance. One in the first few mins.. after that. Nothing until injury time great save from Begovic...watch MOTD then come back and rant on if you wish. Until then.. get over ONE defeat that some of your'e fans half expected beforehand... I'm in the local boozer so have a pint on me guys'.. <cheers>

5. Waddos_legends

Waddos_legends Active Member

It's funny how everytime a side gets beat by Stoke we are always called a bunch of thugs. Has football turned into a game for fannies?

6. Crackerjack

No , but it has turned back into semi rugby by some . Good luck the rest of the way , I'm just glad to get half the points & see the back of Stoke ... Cheers !

7. Leeeeon

Leeeeon Member

At what point did I talk about your style of football?

I actually think it's important to have big contrasts in style to keep the premiership at the standard it is now. It means that every team has to adjust for every game, unlike in Spain, where you can pretty much guarantee playing against teams who are going to pass, pass, pass (apart from Madrid). And, I actually think you are more likely to stay in the premiership for longer than us, because you have a game more suited to winning games in the premiership.

I don't think our style of football has any more value than ours, I just think you get away with being dirty.

8. Leeeeon

Leeeeon Member

You're missing the point. Wilkinsons tackle on Dyer was not shown on MOTD, and that was the worst tackle I have seen live in my life. So, watching MOTD to find out how many fouls there were, and how bad they were is unlikely to tell us anything new.

Plus, I have nothing against Stoke playing very different football to us, I actually think it makes the Premiership better. And as it stands, Stoke are much more effective at getting results. I just think you stretch the rules so much it gets dangerous, and referees need to clamp down on it.

You can mock our style of play all you want, but we got where we are playing that style, on a shoestring, and we'll stick to it. Just as you do with your style. We may not create much, but that's a matter of time and money. You could stop kicking lumps out of people any time, and you choose not to. Probably because you would lose a lot of games without doing it.

9. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

I didn't actually care much today if we got kicked about, because the point is this! It's time we manned up to the more physical sides, and dished out some of it ourselves, I'm sick and tired of our players being spineless, how about a few Ferrie Bodde head butts, and tackles, he was no big guy on the pitch, but he wasn't called our 'Dutch Roy Kean' for nothing, so you'll not get me moaning about the ref not protecting, because if our boys can't work out what's happening after ten minutes on the pitch, then serves them right, and you can stuff this, fair play league into the Europa up Tremmel's pathetic rear end, because he's the reason we lost, not the heavy tackles from Stoke!......................... <cheers>

10. Leeeeon

Leeeeon Member

You're right about us needing to man up a bit Phil, but there were plenty of actual fouls, not just physical tackles, which were not given. We also had two shouts for penalties, which had they been at the other end, would probably have been given.

11. DragonPhilljack

Not sure there was a case at all for penalties today Leeeeon, might be wrong though, but we will see if the MOTD team spot anything! But have we got girls on the pitch or what?.............. <cheers>

12. swanee

swanee Well-Known Member

That would mean Brendan actually having a plan B Phill, that`s a bit radical isn`t it.

13. Sandor Clegane

Sandor Clegane 'The Hound'
    Forum Moderator

Swansea would have had a fat better chance if it wasn't for their keeper, the amount of goal kicks straight to fullbacks that got closed down. A few bigger kicks would have landed in non exsistant midfield (Whelan and Whitehead were rubbish), and they could have tippy tapped it from half way, right through us, instead of being pinned to the edge of their box. If it wasn't for that we wouldn't have created hardly any pressure.

14. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

you cant blame stoke for the way they play, its about staying in the premiership and the money it brings at the end of the day. the quality of football is dire and they resort to underhand tactics (in both boxes mainly) but come may they will be in the PL again and can therefore have the last laugh. i'm sure the fans of wigan and blackburn wouldnt mind playing less football and having more points like stoek at this stage of the season..

they play results football, not enjoyable for the neutrals, but good for staying in the PL, which is what its all about clubs of that ilk <ok>

15. DragonPhilljack

His plan B consists of Lita or Moore, alongside Routlidge? If he did radical, maybe he'd be able to determine when it would be advantageous to play Dobbie! No he's got no plan B whatsoever, and in that way he's like Martinez's stubborn stupidity!.............. <cheers>

16. Pottermouth 328

Pottermouth 328 Well-Known Member

Lita
    Posted on twitter what? He's the same guy who missed a penalty at our place for Reading <doh>

17. Crackerjack

Is there an option to Martinez & Rodgers not being the stubbornly stupid ones Lol !!

18. It'sChicoTime

It'sChicoTime Well-Known Member

Buck is being petty over this Dobbie business. We need chance, and Dobbs is exactly what we need. It's obvious words or something have been exchanged between the pair. SORT IT OUT.

19. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

Well pissed off with our game yesterday. high balls and set pieces bloody clueless , need more muscle and guts urgently !
    Vorm missing really messed things up, and tremel lets just say v.poor,our defence seemed untrusting of his ability nervous and out of sync with how we play.
    Wigan a must win now !

20. It'sChicoTime

It'sChicoTime Well-Known Member

If we lose to Wigan I will start to get VERY worried.