1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lets Welcome Our Favourite Welsh Team to the Britannia

Discussion in 'Stoke City' started by THe Mighty Huth Rocks, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Swervyhoof

Swervyhoof Member

Hints about the likely team can usually be found in the Sentinels' "Case for" column.
    They seem to think that Shotton may be given the nod over Pennant, due to the threat posed by the Swansea left back. Now that is only the opinion of the Sentinel, but if TP is more concerned about opposition full backs ( shades of Cresswell to mark Glenn Johnson) than actually putting the Swans under pressure, then all's that I can say is - he had better win.

2. Sandor Clegane

Sandor Clegane 'The Hound'
    Forum Moderator

Personally I think Shotton should play RB, and Pennant ahead of him. They both work well together, Shotton going on the overlap, and Pennant does a good job of coming back to help out. They seem to play better together than Wiko & Pennant.

3. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

I remember one of your visits to the vetch think it was in the early 90`s great atmosphere and you lads helped rock the place hope for same tomorrow . How much pressure tp be under if we win after team he put out against Valencia in week ??

4. Leeeeon

Leeeeon Member

Looking forward to seeing one of my favourite teams to watch in recent years. Especially Andy Wilkinson. He is a joy to watch. He looks so graceful when tackling people at hip height.

I don't think anyone comes close to his foul completion percentage, except maybe Huth and Shawcross, but there is something special about an Andy Wilkinson tackle that warms my heart every time. You don't know how lucky you are to see it every week

Attached Files:

5. jowlermonkey

jowlermonkey Well-Known Member

Just seen the thumbnail.

Now that's what I call a close shave!! ;)

6. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Was he the guy that kung-fu'd Dyer at the Liberty? Whoever it was he shouldn't have stayed on the pitch.

7. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

Yup. I still hate Alan Hutton more though. Prick.

8. Pottermouth 328

Pottermouth 328 Well-Known Member

Are you a WUM and IDIOT or both? JOG OFF <doh> STOKE and WILKO TWO... Swansea..? tippy tappy, nothing else <laugh>

9. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

Do you like the way your team play football?

10. Leeeeon

Leeeeon Member

In answer to your question, yes, it is quite obviously a wind up. On a wind up thread.

You won, and that has got nothing to do with what I said. Your team are still the dirtiest team I have ever seen, and in particular Andy Wilkinson.

Gutted we lost, but I would rather lose every week and get relegated than watch that **** every week.

11. Pottermouth 328

Not all the time NO to be blunt but FFS we scored TWO legit goals.. YOU knew the threat corners and throw in's.. WHY didn't you do something about it.?
    NOTHING to do with bad tackles today fella.. get of your'e high horse.. EVEN your'e Manager was gracfull in defeat.

We needed a win and that is exactly what we got.. good luck anyway <ok>

12. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

I know, and fair play. Still, I'd rather follow a team who play a style of football I actually like, but that's just me.

13. Kifflom!

Whatever they're charging you for STs up there you're getting ripped off. What utter ****e. Only thing is, we were worse today.

14. Pottermouth 328

YOU we're what? more idiot posts.. YOU we're ROBBED IMO undone by TWO set pieces.. get over it.. and move on. <laugh>

GOOD LUCK and good night.

15. Kifflom!

We were robbed? Really? I say again, we didn't deserve anything today. Don't you speak English in the Potteries? <doh>

16. Leeeeon

Leeeeon Member

Our game didn't go to plan, because you are over-aggressive in the tackle. We kept the ball well, but didn't create enough because of the way you tackle. According to the rules this season, you cannot tackle in the way that you do but somehow, you get away with it every week.

Just because you see this type of defending every week, and you get away with it, doesn't mean it should be tolerated and I for one can't wait till referees start to enforce rules correctly, because when that happens, you will be relegated

17. Pottermouth 328

I tried being nice now I'm off for a pint have one on me, and F****** grow up son.

NOT one bad tackle all game FACT! MOTD will prove me correct..

18. Leeeeon

Leeeeon Member

Cheers for the advice Dad

Last time we played you, Andy Wilkinson tackled Nathan Dyer at hip height and it wasn't shown on MOTD, so I'll draw my own conclusions.

19. Swervyhoof

Swervyhoof Member

Leeoon,

I actually do not like the style of football we play, and I can not stand the patronising welsh T*t we have as a manager, but he can point to 4 seasons of staying in the prem.
    That stuff that you called football consisted of passing the ball sideways and backwards, with your first decent effort coming in the 93rd minute; enjoy this season, because the moment teams start to press you, you actually are not very good on the ball.
    Your second season in the Prem will likely be your last, because as useless as we can be, we have no pretentions to being a poor man's Barcelona - or in your case a welsh Swindon.
    We have had this off Baggies fans for years, and they are three times the side you lot are - football is not taking a free kick two YARDS OUTSIDE YOUR BOX, PASSING IT FURTHER BACKWARDS TO THEN SQUARE IT TO THE KEEPER WHO PASSES IT FORWARD TO THE CENTRE HALF, WHO IS THEN CAUGHT IN POSSESSION.
    Thanks for your comments, glad you are enjoying this season, you won't enjoy next - and talke our welsh wizard with you!

20. Crackerjack

Crackerjack Active Member

I'd rather play in a lower league the way we play , than stay up like Stoke & pretend to be proud of thugs !! .