1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

lesner vs overeem

Discussion in 'Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)' started by jolls, Jan 2, 2012.

1. jolls

jolls Member

just found this site so this post is probably a bit late but did any one else feel p1ssed after staying up all night to watch that.i dont think brock lesner was in any fit state to even be getting in the octangon .if brock was healthier i think it could have been a bloody good fight imo

2. Rubadub

Rubadub Well-Known Member

No I think Brock would have got smashed in his best shape, he just does'nt have the striking to compete with Overeem, fair enough it prob would have been a better fight if Brock never got ill in the first place but I still think he was alway's going to lose badly to Overeem.

3. jolls

jolls Member

brocks striking is poor but he was doing better then i expected at the stand up against overeem ,it would have been interesting to see how overeem would have done if brock got the take down .
    brock got the win against shane carwin who is a very good striker and for the first 40 seconds(lmao) against vasquez he looked to be in control.i would have been happy to see overeem get the ko but the way brock lost made me feel like id been robbed of a good nights sleep

4. Rubadub

Yeah I understand, I do feel a bit robbed sometime's when I stay up and it's over in the first round, I usually record the fight's and watch them the next day unless im out.

5. jolls

jolls Member

i always say next time i,ll record it and watch it in the morning but come fight night i always change my mind .i see they are talking overeem vs dos santos in the summer,now that should be a very explosive fight. perfect for new comers to mma as both are great strikers it will be interesting to see how there styles match up.
    for me dos santos is the better puncher as he throws proper combos ,where as overeem seems to throw bombs one or two at a time but its not a boxing match and overeem has a lot more in his locker then punches.
    have you watched any of overeems fights on youtube?there is quite a few on there

6. Rubadub

Yeah Ive seen a good bit of Overeem, he's a beast, id say the fight between him and Dos Santos will be a cracker tough one to call, looking forward to it.

7. shaxi

shaxi Member

i also want to know ! a ha !~

please log in to view this image