Off Topic Lesbos Island and Political Thread

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by 55282, Sep 9, 2015.

?

Which way will you vote in the EU referendum?

Poll closed Jun 26, 2016.
  1. In

24.2%
  2. Out

75.8%
  1. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

You need a job!

2. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

Haha no thanks I've got more than enough work of my own on ATM. Booked up till Nov but if they send a tender doc out to me like other main bigger contractors do from all over IL consider it as it's local ! <cheers>

3. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

4. Bap666

Bap666 Well-Known Member

It is. I did credit the book it came from by David Craig in my post :emoticon-0100-smile

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  5. swantastic

Wednesday 29th march 2017 signing of A50 is happening after all the stalling and remoaning, a great day to tell heir klump to shove it up her junker !
    Independence day is getting closer, free at last !
    Cheers Dai Bach <cheers>

6. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

7. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

I would not count your chickens yet......We will still be part of the EU in the end....you can bet on it......We don't have a plan for a start other than to destroy the NHS and make ordinary folk poorer and Businesses fold with everything going up and the pound heading to be worth less than the Euro.......We wont be any closer to leaving fully 10 or 20 years from now. And that's a fact....

8. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

You could be right there.

swanseaandproud likes this.
  9. swantastic

so i gotta wait 20 years for you to be proved wrong on that one too ! <laugh>

10. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

"That's a fact" says the man who gets every prediction consistently wrong. <laugh>

swantastic likes this.

11. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Run down be decades of inept Labour control.

swantastic and Kifflom! like this.
  12. Kifflom!

...and Lib Dem. Remember the Leisure Centre debacle? That was down to them.

swantastic likes this.
  13. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Yes indeed, I was in Swansea for the first time in a very long time, really does need a complete make over, Kingsway and parts of Oxford street are in a sad state.

They say 6 Billion is going to be spent, hope the council will not be doing the developing!!…….. <laugh>

swantastic and Kifflom! like this.
  14. Kifflom!

We have a much better natural setting than Cardiff ever had yet they are way ahead on shops and municipal buildings. It's only the marina that's better here because of the barrage, though the Bay is much more inviting with its shops, cafes and bars. This big spend is well overdue.

15. swantastic

I read UK is to get it's own Disney land like Florida and Paris have, imagine that built up on the Felindre site next to m4 where they had the Eisteddfod !
    It ambitious maybe but Oakwood is way out West with lower population and does well in holiday periods so even an Alton towers or some other similar tourist attraction would do very well all year and help our economy big time !
    Complete restructuring of city center areas and along the front would be great but how many middle men will take Thier cut before the actual work gets done ?

16. Kifflom!

So Martin McGuinness has popped his clogs. My take? Sometimes you have to get into bed with the devil to make peace otherwise conflict will be never ending. That said, he shouldn't be mourned because he was a thug and a killer. No surprise that vomit-inducing toads like Corbyn, Blair and Alistair Campbell are gushing today. But this Telegraph article from way back in 2001 lays it all bare. It's an eye opener:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1329300/Victims-of-McGuinnesss-Derry-Brigade-killers.html

17. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Total and utter bullshit
    "While both men could be extremely arrogant and uncaring about the consequences of their actions, the former Provisional said, Mr McGuinness usually tried to avoid civilian casualties in the Derry Brigade's operations"
    I hope he rots in hell

neveroffsidereff and Kifflom! like this.
  18. Kifflom!

There is little doubt that he had blood on his hands and lots of it. I understand the need to make peace but this isn't a man anyone should be mourning.

19. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Bury or burn him but do it quietly , although with Blair and co eulogising the saint this morning I doubt that's what will happen

Then this from the our IRA loving footballer mclean , I wonder did he post such sentiments when yet another innocent was murdered in cold blood .

Writing this with a heavy heart bad week just getting worse, woke to the passing off martin just now, am not going to shy away in expressing either how i feel, not only was he a hero of mine, someone i looked up to, a man that has done so much for irish people and irish peoples freedom right to the very end, he was also a good friend and someone i had the pleasure of having a good relationship with, a man i met so many times, had the privilege to share many a great conversation with, a man that always text me before games wishing me luck, a man that through the well documented tough times off the field always let me know how brave i was standing by my beliefs, that i never was alone because i had his support and backing always, you will be sorely missed martin, a great leader, a great hero and above all a great man.. thinking on all your loved ones.. beannacht agus buíochas a ghabháil leat mo chara

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    swantastic likes this.
  20. Kifflom!

I expected no less. Ask anyone who served in NI and they'll tell you about McGuinness. A mate was in the Marines and served there. McGuinness & Adams were both known murderers. Carried them out and ordered them in equal measure.