Off Topic Lesbos Island and Political Thread

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by 55282, Sep 9, 2015.

?

Which way will you vote in the EU referendum?

Poll closed Jun 26, 2016.
  1. In

24.2%
  2. Out

75.8%
  1. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

I have visited this island and had a fantastic time there.People so friendly,food fabulous and of course plenty of sun.
    Today it holds approx 25,000 refugees with thousands more arriving daily.The ones there are starting to battle against each other.Syrian v Afghan.I thought they were fleeing violence!!!
    Anyway,to all the friends I made on Lesbos my heart goes out to you.You don't deserve it.

That's off my chest.

2. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

I went there with my family in the late 90's - a lovely place that's now being ruined. Like you, my heart goes out to those people on Kos and Lesbos who are trying to earn a living from tourists. In my view, both Kos and Lesbos are finished as tourist destinations and thousands of businesses will go bust. As if the Greeks haven't had enough hardship. This is what happens when the European project loses sight of common sense and removes borders. The refugees know they only have to set foot on Greek territory and they've made it into virtually any country in the EU.

As for the refugees, I fully understand people fleeing war but there are perfectly safe (if not ideal) camps in Turkey, Jordan and Lebanon run by the UN. All those countries are safe, democratic and Muslim. Billions of pounds / dollars is going into those camps and the vast majority of refugees seem to be content, if not happy to stay there, waiting for the day when they can return to Syria. International Law dictates that refugees must claim asylum in the first safe haven they arrive at so let's be clear, people are CHOOSING to leave those safe havens to risk their lives and those of their children. In my view at that point they cease to be refugees and are economic migrants. I don't blame them for wanting a better life but the system is currently working to the detriment of European countries. There is little doubt that with over 600,000 migrants coming to the UK last year (2 cities the size of Newcastle) things are at breaking point and with a birth rate amongst Muslims much higher than non-Muslims there is little doubt that statistically the UK, with already one of the highest population densities in Europe, will be a Muslim majority country by 2050. This isn't racism or xenophobia, it's fact, and with more British Muslims fighting for ISIL than in our own armed forces I fear for the future.

The only hope is that the British public see sense and get us out of the EU - at least we can then control our borders more effectively.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  3. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

^^^ Some interesting views there, Kifflom. Good post. <ok>

4. Kifflom!

<cheers> Aswan. Love or loathe Farage but he predicted this in the European Parliament when Jean-Claude Junker said he was effectively opening the doors to the World's poor. Merkel then expanded it and I fear for long-term European social cohesion - especially in Germany where they will take almost 1M this year alone and probably a million every year for the foreseeable future. No wonder over 50% of Germans in a recent poll said they were uneasy about it.

Thankfully we opted out of Schengen but if this carries on Europe is finished.

One other thing - why aren't rich oil states like Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and the UAE stepping up?

swantastic likes this.
  5. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

This country is ****ed anyway ever since thatcher and Blair were elected prime ministers. We are slowly but surely putting most of its true citizens into a third world state while the minority make money and get richer living off the backs of the poor. We will never change things now its gone on for too long and sadly only a WW3 would go a long way to making things better....

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  6. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

Yes for shame that Alan Sugar, Rupert Murdoch, Richard Branson and the Barclay brothers and many others who employ millions of people are getting rich off the back of their employees, I mean if it wasn't for them we wouldn't have Sky TV, the premier league, and the many multi millionaire football players playing for us. We also wouldn't have Virgin Media, Virgin Atlantic and many other Virgin brand companies. We also wouldn't have the apprentice crap on tv, and the many businesses owned by the Barclays.

The point is that many people are successful because we buy their products, its a fair bet that a lot on here contribute to either Microsoft's bottom line, or Apple's, these are huge companies that was until recently mainly owned by just a few people. People moan about the rich getting richer and other stuff in the same vein, yet they use technology or use equipment by major worldwide companies.

7. swanseaandproud

I think you are not understanding the point jager im not talking about those sort of people who pay good wages <laugh>

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  8. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

With border controls now being brought back in a number of countries because of the huge numbers of refugees.These refugees are ending up in countries they do not want to be in and countries that do not want them.

And no one could see this coming?Beggars belief.

9. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

Hungary has shut their border the immigrants and refugees will be stuck there ? When the sanitation and other things get out of hand compounded by winter coming in hard and fast soon do you think a bit of wire fencing will stop them stampeding through ?

And I agree Farage is the only politician that continually speaks sense on the EU situation .

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  10. Kifflom!

Top post, Swantastic. Yet according to one person at the 'Swansea Says Yes' demo the other day if you hold such views you're a "person of low intelligence", and every time I speak out I'm accused of being a racist. Absolute garbage. It's the other side of the debate that is ignorant because they haven't researched what we are dealing with.

It is a fact that the Muslim birth rate is much, much higher than non-Muslims. In Germany the white birth rate is falling. It may take a few generations but Europe is ****ed - and that's if we don't allow any more in.

The Lebanese Education Minister has today come out and said that ISIS has infiltrated the camps there - and he should know. This is so dangerous and something Farage predicted months ago. We have to be very careful who we take and severely restrict numbers. Merkel and her ilk are to blame for these people being stuck where they are and the only way to deal with them is to ensure that the existing camps are places that are safe, clean and well-maintained. If I was a refugee fleeing war I'd be more than happy with that and not want to take my kids across a dangerous ocean.

I see today that a new poll has the Yes and No votes narrowing for the upcoming referendum and if this crisis continues - and I think it will - then Brexit will become much more likely. Great stuff.

swantastic likes this.

11. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

reading press reports from other countries gives a broader view of what is happening ?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  12. swanseaandproud

Close the borders and let them get on with it.....we cant look after our own people let alone others......<ok>

13. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Talking sense for a change Dai!! ;)

14. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

15. swanseaandproud

If people think they are all fleeing persecution then they have bought into the propaganda. No country should take anyone in without proof of identity and send them home. Instead of being marters willing to kill innocent foreigners in the name of religion **** off back and fight for your own country and stop bringing your problems to us who most of you hate us anyway, If all these people would stand up and fight they could end this persecution in a short time as they out number their enemy 10 to 1. but instead they use the excuse of persecution to flood Europe for a free life while putting most of the pressure on our poor and vulnerable who are paying the price....CLOSE all borders and send them home and take their ****ing problems with them, We have problems of our own and cant deal with your self inflicted problems as well and why should we. go and ask your rich cousins the Arab countries for help.....now **** off....

16. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

There is no doubt in my mind that ISIS are amongst,in numbers, those hoardes of "refugees"

Closing boarders......too little too late.

Edit.......Listening to and watching reports this morning the one thing I noticed is that reporters are now more and more using the word "migrant" instead of "refugee"

Oh,and the "migrants" "refugees" are threatening to go hunger strike until the boarders are reopened!!!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  17. Kifflom!

I come back to my earlier point - this is yet more evidence that Eurocrats in Brussels, without the authority of the European people, make decisions that effect all of us. Junker and his mates declared (after being warned by Farage not to do it) that Europe as a whole was prepared to take the World's poor. That's right, not just those fleeing war. Merkel didn't help in opening Germany's doors then quickly realising her mistake, shut them again, thereby creating havoc in Serbia and Hungary.

As if the Euro debacle that turned the proud nation of Greece into nothing more than a protectorate wasn't enough, this is clear, unequivocal evidence that open borders in Europe don't work and the European project is dead. We have absolutely no control over what Brussels does because the Eurocrats don't believe in nation states or democracy. The only answer is Brexit. No doubt at all.

Europe sells more to us than they buy so we'd quickly negotiate a beneficial trade deal with them and then be free as a proud, independent sovereign state to trade with emerging economies like India, Brazil and parts of Africa which is growing rapidly but can't sell to the EU because of restrictive trade practices.

If anyone had doubts about Brexit this ought to make them think. When someone says "it would be a disaster for the UK because we'd lose thousands of jobs" ask them to supply some evidence of that and they won't be able to do so. It's scare-mongering and just the type of line that I expect the Government to put out in the coming months.

18. swanseaandproud

please log in to view this image

19. swanseaandproud

please log in to view this image

20. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

And so the rioting begins.One guy fled his country in fear remembered to take his megaphone with him!FFS.
    This is well organised.