1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lens "When Sunderland are down we will be able to transfer more easily here."

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Brian Storm, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

Lens had a reputation for poor attitude/application before he came here.Even Dick noted this before he signed him. He didn't exactly get him firing on all cylinders, as he wasn't himself.

Sam ditched him for his attitude, which never improved until the option to move came up. By that point I'm convinced he just wanted out, which to me at least, seems increasingly clear.

Sam has a better man management pedigree when it comes to your more egotistical / flair players, than Moyes. Problem with that, is when that manager leaves it is v difficult for a different manager to have the same impact on all players.

Esp. a dour Scott, with a history of building teams on quality youth, a no-one bigger than the team type ethic, and a nasty ffp wage cap to contend with.

Both Moyes and Sam jnsist on players who track back. Khazri can do that, Lens never did.

Moyes wants players who keep better possession. Khazri looks like he was gone bavkward in this regard. That is as much down to Moyes as it is Khazri. He doesn't look anywhere near as sharp, but he's also not featuring enough in his natural left-sided position. Moyes could and should do something sbout that, but for whatever reason he doesn't trust Khazri to do it.

Seems like we're struggling with one 10m player, bringing another back up to his potential (Rodwell). The other (Lens) we should never have bought in the first place. Even Avocado feared that, the Dick.

Nacho and grandpops like this.
  2. red&white wanderer

red&white wanderer Well-Known Member

Better man management might have improved his attitude but after his outburst fan attitudes have hardened - he is no longer a Dutch treat here - he'll not want to play in Sunderland again.
    Hopefully we meet him again when we are in Europe ....probs getting ahead of myself here but<cracker> need to be positive KTF

3. red&white wanderer

YOU could be right but it's been widely reported and unless he quickly retracts it I can see much <steam> when (if) he plays here.

4. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

But apparently weeks ago he said he didn't want to play for us again

5. red&white wanderer

Yeah but such outright negative criticism of his employer and so supporters is unforgiveable - he deserves most of the abuse he gets.

6. Vincemac

Yeh I've said earlier on

red&white wanderer likes this.
  7. Vincemac

8. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

If you look at the Turkish sources that these 'reports' are based on, at no point does he say he hopes Sunderland are relegated. He simply says it will be easier for him to leave if that happens. The English language article suggests that this may be because he has a relegation release cause so it may be true that it will be easier for him to join Fenerbahce if that happens. If he was unhappy here but happy at Fener, then of course he's going to talk about the possibility of him staying there permanently. Its all just sensationalism if you ask me.

9. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

The more I read what has been wrote, the more pissed off I'm becoming.

It seems hard to be critical of the lad when our own fans are wishing ****ing cancer on the bloke.

He's basically just saying he wants to stay at Fenerbache, no different to what M'Vila was saying while he was here. It happens with loan moves.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    The Norton Cat likes this.
  10. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

I still wonder if, to a large extent this is journo spin. I can`t see him saying something like that when there`s a chance he might have to come back here. It doesn`t make sense and of all the things he might be, I didn`t think stupid was one them.

If it does mean what it implies then not only will he want to stay there, he might bloody have to.

If it doesn`t then the sooner he makes it clear the better.

The Norton Cat likes this.

11. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

To be honest, if I had been misinterpreted and then people were wishing cancer on me before I could defend myself. I doubt I'd be arsed to come out and clear the air. I'd say, actually go and **** yourselves, I hope you drop into the conference <ok>

haslam and grandpops like this.
  12. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Order him to get a flight to Sunderland, immediately, then as he gets out of the airport, kick him in the balls and say "That'll be all".

I've never met a man who wanted another kick in the balls.

grandpops likes this.
  13. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

There's a reason I used the quote in the title and not the headline RR went with. I don't think he's saying he hopes we're going down. However I do think he's displaying an unacceptable, public, lack of faith in his parent club and don't for one second think it's acceptable. He's not saying he hopes we're going down, but he is writing us off. Something which I think crosses the line big time as he's under nothing but a temporary contract with them, while his main contract is to us. He's clearly a prick. A prick that has played only one or two good games for us despite having obvious talent.

Nordic and grandpops like this.
  14. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

Quite possibly if you were absolutely certain you were never going to set foot in the place again, otherwise it`s a bit daft.

He`s happy there and wants to stay. That`s fine, no harm done. He needn`t have said anything else at all. Don`t understand why he did unless he thinks creating animosity will help make it permanent.

I`m curious as to what Bains attitude will be. We want him gone and he wants to be gone but I`m not sure the club is the same soft touch we have been.

15. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

And this is why I insist that it must hurt more than having a baby!! Women will never understand

16. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

I was just thinking that its very similar to the M'Vila situation. I can't blame him for wanting to stay somewhere he feels happy.
    I agree, there is a large element of disrespect towards SAFC. I just don't think its fair that journalists put words into people's mouths, no matter how bad the attitudes of those people are.

I think the best thing for everyone concerned now is that SAFC try and strike a deal with Fenerbahce in the current transfer window. I still find it frustrating though because this is yet another example of us signing a genuinely talented player and failing, for whatever reason, to get the best out of him.

clockstander and grandpops like this.
  17. Tel (they/them)

Nobody comes along with gas and air either, when you're writhing in pain on the floor after a kick in the nuts.

grandpops likes this.
  18. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

It sometimes gets used for comedy value as well. I've never once seen a scene where a woman has her stitches come out post-birth and everyone starts laughing at her as she bleeds out on the floor yet it clearly isn't as bad.

ps. Aren't you a Man Utd fan? Why do you have a reference to the majesty that is Olivier Giroud in your avatar?

19. Tel (they/them)

I'm thinking of a new avatar, in the mean time, that one provides a timely reminder of a wonderful piece of magic.

20. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

As a fan of Lens, this story, if true is a real let down, but no worse than a few others recently. Best plan for us is not to get relegated. :emoticon-0116-evilg