1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leicester have bid accepted for Kasper Schmeichel

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by FORZA LEEDS, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Best Fans

Best Fans Active Member

How can a player be a 'good signing at the time'? At the end of his Leeds career, probably this summer, you can judge him, and I'd say he's been another poor signing by Grayson. SG needs to decide what he wants, and he can't keep on with this revolving door of players. Isn't it more worrying that Scheimichel's quality has detiorated since he's joined us? How do we know that if we sign Westwood, the same wouldn't happen to him?

It's good business, but in the same way that selling Collins to Sheffield was good business.

2. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

I'd say that's more of an indictment on the coaching staff than Grayson. Agreed there's a worrying trend for our goalies to turn naff. No-one really foresaw that deterioration happening to Schmeichel, not even Grayson, but I do think we need a backroom overhaul to make sure it doesn't happen again. When the signing was made, we were pleased; before the injury, we were pleased. I therefore think it's harsh to blame Grayson for Schmeichel's move to Leeds not totally working out. As for Collins, that was abysmal from start to finish. Can't believe we even bothered with him after the plodding in League One, that is one where I'd say Grayson was naive.

Read the statement, you!

They won't loan/sell to top six rivals if their policy is the same as it was with Bellamy. You're right, there were other clubs in for him but I think many of them were Premiership ones, it's just that he chose his hometown club.

3. Best Fans

Best Fans Active Member

Yeah I agree on the backroom staff. Something in the coaching of our defence has been seriously wrong. For players like O'Brien, who is a good player IMO, to look so poor, suggests that coaching has been crap.

As for Schmeichel, I'd like to think that if the manager signs a player on a 2 year deal, then he expects him to be good for 2 years. If we get a better keeper in, then obviously that's a positive result, but I wouldn't rate it as a good signing. As the saying goes 'form is temporary, class is permanent' so even though Kasper was poor after his injury, he should be able to recover his previous level of performance. Out of all our signings last season, how many can be classed as good signings? One and that was a 3 month loan of Eric Lichaj. I don't hold high expectations for any new keeper we get to replace Kasper.

4. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Zero.

Half the Premier League would like him between the sticks and would gladly cover his wages, I think he might well leave on a permanent, he's far too good to be a No.2 and he won't accept a drop to the Championship, as he has absolutely no need to.

5. I used to be john fallen

I used to be john fallen Active Member

"he's going nowhere"..look on the map...leicester is somewhere...leeds are going nowhere...you know its the truth...

6. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Leicester, earlier today.........

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2014
  7. eastyorkshirewhite

Agree Kasper had his bad points but how can he be rated as not a no1 within a season.All we are doing is lining Bates pockets once again you do NOT sell one of your better players to one of your rivals.If we cant compete with a side like Leicester with ambition we are in a sorry state but i think most of us have known that that for quite a while.

8. I used to be john fallen

feeble....

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2014
  9. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Lighten up, it's you who's wumming the Leeds board.

And you should remember I'm not Leeds fan, as I'm the Hull City fan who you told there was no chance of us having Nigel Pearson as our new manager.

10. I used to be john fallen

"lighten up"....nothing lighthearted about casual racists...subtle your not.......why you need to bring race into a football discussion is beyond me...ps. I never said you wouldn't get misery guts pearson...your welcome to him...we have sven and loads of money.....pearson is a old school coach.....you can always have our cast offs with our blessing we have moved on......

11. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

If you're cast off's are the likes of Fryatt and Hobbs, then we're happy to oblige, replacing young talent with 'big name' players at the ends of their careers is not the best approach, in my humble opinion.

As for racism, it was just a joke, you were getting a bit stroppy, so I thought I'd throw a spanner in the works.

12. I used to be john fallen

replacing young talent with big name players....? sven has only paid money for bamba 26, 250k a steal.....if this deal goes through...1 mill for 24 yearold....
    hardly big name hasbeens...the rest were loans..oldest being kamera 30, yak 28....they won't be signed permanantly.....if fryatt and hobbs were good enough they would still be here trust me...

13. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Says the Hull fan, all live off benefits.

Whats your sponsor Cash converters. How appropriate

14. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Now who's stereotyping? Want another Islamabad clip? I bet I spend more on dining out than you earn, you cheeky little whipper-snapper.

15. Jerel Ifil

<laugh> <laugh>

Let's keep this on topic folks. And I used to be john fallen, I fail to see how OLM's post was racially offensive in any way. Give over with the stupid posts please or post them on this thread which I turn a blind eye to.

16. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Lambrettaman has you in his pocket, give it up, and stop playing the wounded soldier.

17. Jerel Ifil

Scum fans saying they think he's good enough. <laugh>