1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leicester have bid accepted for Kasper Schmeichel

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by FORZA LEEDS, Jun 20, 2011.

1. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

According to the Daily Mail Leicester will bid £1.25m for Kasper Schmeical,24. Not a bad offer for a player whose contract has only a year left to run,& would generate transfer funds to buy a quality DM. Also,we don't want to lose yet another player for nothing. He should be told to sign an extended contract or sold now.

2. Spanish white

Spanish white Active Member

More crap lazy journalism

if we sell him it will be for more than 1.25m

i suspect he will see this year out and see if we make the top flight.....

Just like Gradel will

3. Best Fans

Best Fans Active Member

It depends who we get in to replace him. If we sell him for £2millionish and get Westwood on a free transfer, then that would be great business. We got Kasper for free, so we shouldn't worry about him leaving for free. He was always using Leeds as a stepping stone - not that I'm questioning his commitment on the pitch - because he had offers from Prem teams but he wanted to play week in week out to prove himself, like he did at Notts County. I'm not too sure he'd want to go to another Championship club, and his preference might be another season at Leeds, then move to a Premier League team.

He's a good shot stopper, and great at one on ones, but his command of his area still needs to improve. I'd be happy for him to stay, but if he left and we got Westwood then it'd be better.

4. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

I'm with Spanish. Lazy journalism in football's silly season. Papa Smurf will be working on a contract extension for Kasper as we type. He's going nowhere. & more to the point, why would he go to Leicester? They may have money & names, they aren't going very far.

5. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Westwood unfortuately will be playing second fiddle ar Sunderlandanother one we lost out on but don,t worry KB is briging Gary Sprake back along with Smith Woodgate Bowyer they are replacing some inferior players Gradel SnodgrassJohnson and Kilkenny

6. side_before_self

1.25million is an insult really, fair enough his contract is up in 12months time, but im sure even bates has the brains to realise that its a better to just let kaspers contract run down and lose him on a free, just like we did with beckford

cant see us getting westwood, celtic are linked with him past few months and id expect him to end up there

we need need a new GK anyway as cover for casper

7. side_before_self

and ive just remembered westwood went to sunderland so forget the celtic thing

8. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

[Bhttp://www.coventrytelegraph.net/coventry-city-fc/football-rumours-gossip/2011/06/20/gossip-leeds-united-have-tentative-talks-with-keiren-westwood-92746-28907827/[/B]

Looks like we have approached Coventry regarding Westwood. Would be a hell of a signing & I'm a Kasper fan. Its good business if we can sell Kasper for profit whilst signing a better keeper. <ok>

9. bucks_is_leeds

Forum Moderator

10. Liw

Liw Member

Another thing, i thought the club never does its business in public, all the club talked about this week is maybe woody and smith coming.

Trying to sell season tickets

11. Que Somma Somma

If we pull our fingers out he'll be playing in the prem next season with Leeds, Bates sign some bloody talent will ya

12. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

13. bucks_is_leeds

Forum Moderator

That paper is dated today! Sorry dont follow either Coventry or Sunderland so I can only go on what I google!

Hell of a keeper, wish we went in for him before he signed for coventry <ok>

14. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

He is a very good keeper, that why he was always likely to end up in the Premier League ahead of next season.

15. MarkoLUFC

MarkoLUFC Well-Known Member

It's not official that he's signed for Sunderland. Have they confirmed it?

16. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Not yet confirmed, but the Mackems seem fairly confident that it will go through on July 1st, once his existing contract has expired.

17. MarkoLUFC

MarkoLUFC Well-Known Member

we shall see.

18. Spanish white

Spanish white Active Member

tough keeping up woith you lot...your lonked with everyone...

by the way good luck woth Kilkenny he cant tackle and has not bottle....shoudl be well suited to your midfield :)

19. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Is that what we are now? A stepping stone? That's just embarassing? When did our mighty club become a stepping stone for average players like Schmeical?
    Should have kept hold of Casper Ankergren,it was a mistake letting him go. At least he had the club at heart,& we couldn't possibly have let in any more goals than we did!

20. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

Pretty sure Westwood will end up at Sunderland. I'd be pleased to sell Schmeichel after his deterioration last season but I'd want to push Leicester for more like £2m than £1.25m. We've also been linked with Preston's Lonergan who I don't know too much about. Part of a playoff-standard setup that bottled it for a couple of seasons and got relegated, so he might be good enough.