1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leicester City v Southampton - Match Thread

Discussion in 'The Championship' started by saintgreg10, Aug 24, 2011.

1. JWP is the goal king

JWP is the goal king Active Member

Well the solent commentary seemed to think so, but we all know what there like 0_O

2. jenthesaint1990

jenthesaint1990 Well-Known Member

cant wait :emoticon-0158-time:

3. Cully

Cully Member

Yes he did but the ref didn't realise it! We should have had a clear cut penalty before the 3rd went in. Justice prevailed in the end.

Liked the way Southampton used the width! Very impressed....

4. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

It may interest you to know that you didn't boss it Leicester, as someone claimed, official possesion Saints 54% Leicester 46%

5. Saint

Saint Active Member

On my way back now, bloody aweful refereeing, Leicester in the first half maybe did boss....the first half. But were walked over in the second half, almost stunned. How we didn't get that draw I will never know but I'm sure kasper knows. Lambert had a poor game for me, their 3rd was a lie, blatant foul, overall referee had a poor game I thought, almost as bad as the linesman. Oh well, 2nd in the league.

6. mightysouthampton

mightysouthampton Active Member

The game as a whole shows that we can compete with the best, we just need a CB then our promotion bid's 'wheels are in motion'. I'm not too disappointed about todays result. Didn't think we'd win but the way the game panned out, it was a great game to watch and we were unlucky that we didn't get a point or all three. <ok>

COYR! A win on tuesday will wipe the memory of this game out of my mind.

7. Huddersaint

Huddersaint Member

Just got back from the game, cant believe we didnt get a point!

1st half we were shoddy, defence looked unsure, even fonte looked to be hestitant, kelvin kept us in the game, other thean the goal we only made 1 other half decent effort on goal, and fair credit to Leicester they deserved their lead.

2nd half we just built and built, got the width, dominated the middle and created more than enough chances not only to get the draw but sneak a win, Schmeichal made 3 outstanding saves, in the end just wasnt our day, but a cracker of a game!

8. Lesta Gangsta

Lesta Gangsta Well-Known Member

We were in total control in the first half, however, we screwed ourselves over in the second half by changing to a defensive formation and inviting Southampton to attack. We just about managed it, but there was no need, a heavy win was on the cards. We did exactly the same against Forest last week - 2-0, looking like it could end 4-0, a change of tactics later and it's 2-2. Admittedly, the ref didn't help last week, nor did losing Nugent this week, but that's not the point - playing defensive football invites situations like bad penalty calls and shots from free kicks that can change the game.

Southampton should have capitialised on this - but the equalising goal eluded them. Lucky for Sven, there would have been outcry if the did grab a point. STICK TO 4-4-2 Sven!!!

As for Southamption - play-offs I reckon. Look a good side.

9. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

Not too upset, and not just because I got the scoreline right. In an away game against one of the (if not the) toughest teams in the division, we edged the stats and played them very tough. We're still on 12 points after five games, which I think that any one of us would have taken prior to the season.

Definitely wouldn't mind for that centre back to materialize, though.

10. southcoastfox

southcoastfox Member

Ok i'm going by paul merson on soccer sat. He was watching the game and said that it was all leicester for 1st half hour, then end to end football up until about 65-70 mins. At that point apparently all saints. all in all sounded very even and a good game. He also commented on kasper, saying he made 3 world class saves.
    COYB

11. Lesta Gangsta

Lesta Gangsta Well-Known Member

I was told Merson looked delighted when Southampton scored, and frowned every time we scored. I wonder which book-makers took his money?