1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Leeds Utd v Sheffield Wednesday Match Thread / The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Feb 23, 2017.

?

SCORELINE:Leeds Utd v Sheffield Wednesday

Poll closed Feb 25, 2017.
  1. 0-0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1-1

8.3%
  3. 2-2

8.3%
  4. 3-3 or more

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Leeds by 1

50.0%
  6. Wednesday by 1

8.3%
  7. Leeds by 2

25.0%
  8. Wednesday by 2

8.3%
  9. Leeds by 3 or more

8.3%
  10. Wednesday by 3 or more

8.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Had a good little pub crawl in the afternoon...Palace, Lamb and Flag, Crowd of Favours, Whitelocks, the one opposite Head of Steam as can't remember the name, Botanist, The Mavern and Neon Cactus.

2. LeeUtd

LeeUtd Well-Known Member

Couldn't find any Tetleys - strange fer tup norf. :emoticon-0167-beer: Seemed that Carlsberg had the monopoly on pints in the Peacock and Billys Bar.

3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Read a few of the other comments from those watching the coverage on Sky, I think most agree it looked a different game to the one you were at... First half we were okay, never created much but we were playing the better. Second half Sheff W deserved something from the game, we were poor, they were not great but better than us. Bridcutt gave the ball away often, Sacko pulled out of tackles, Doukara received the ball wide left cut inside everytime and did nothing with it.

O'Kane was brought down in the area, easy penalty not given and the one at the other end which was given was a little harsh you see it happen all the time. I must admit, I wondered why so many positive reports from those that went compared to those watching on Sky.

Oh and after match thoughts by the sky pundits, "the three behind Wood were poor today"...

Just saying it as I watched it on Sky <ok>

Our back 5 were superb, Wood was excellent, O'Kane was decent the rest were average to poor on the day. Glad of the three point though and I have no issue with you seeing it different.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    Marcos Barber likes this.
  4. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

slow off the mark again chippy, already took it back........:emoticon-0136-giggl

5. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

Ipswich 1 up against Norwich

ristac likes this.
  6. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No idea who this guy is, did a search for player ratings and I guess he was watching the same game as me.

http://www.footballinsider247.com/leeds-player-ratings-v-sheffield-wednesday-attacker-is-410/

Edit found another and just to summarise someone elses findings/opinions

Liam Bridcutt – 7 – Would have got a better rating because he was great first half but he gave the ball away way too many times in the second half that could have been very costly.

Pablo Hernandez – 5 – I thought he was totally invisible today, it’s a shame because when he’s on top form he’s great but he hasn’t been there for a while. Did have a great nutmeg though.

Hadi Sacko – 5 – His final ball and touch are a disgrace to be honest, his decision making too. He’s costing us goals and it doesn’t seem to be getting any better.

Souleymane Doukara – 5 – Never really got into the game today, not too sure why he started but we won so can’t complain too much.

http://leedsallover.com/leeds-united-player-ratings-v-wednesday/3/

7. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

1-1 now ffs

8. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Middle of nowhere in the jungle. Well, rainforest, I suppose. It's a wildlife sanctuary, so totally chilling & only looking at lappie in sporadic bursts.

You don't want to drink here. Bloody expensive. Actually, everything's bloody expensive. And they call us rip-off Britain!

9. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Yeah you blamed matt for you been a ****.
    Not having that, its all your own work...

10. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Was definitely one of those games Ristac where you needed to be there to experience the conditions the game was played in. Playing into the wind any ball played forward in the air stood up while trying any kind of
    Long pass with the wind resulted in uncontrollable passes skipping off the surface. The quality wasn't an issue for me but the amazing bond between players and fans and seeing players exhausted after the game having giving their all was refreshing. For years we've wanted players to give their all even if they're not world beaters and this lot did yesterday. That won't show up in any player ratings or sky stats. Stats don't always give the full picture

davy, Farsleyexile, Jammy 07 and 5 others like this.

11. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

No mate, need to spend more time with you. Blonde in the Peacock is more than handsome and Theakstons in Billy's was good too. Trouble is, they are both pale so you lot kept buying me lager - should've shared Chippys listening device between you :emoticon-0147-emo:

Having said that, most kids fall by the wayside on cider when they are 14 (Chesh and Shaks trying to stay young?) - first got properly wandered on Tetleys and never looked back - great pint :emoticon-0167-beer:

Are you home yet? How's Boris??

12. Marcos Barber

Ps thinking QPR next - you up for it??

13. Marcos Barber

Sounds like you are on babysitting Shaks duty next time you bounder :emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer:

14. Marcos Barber

I think there is a very simple explanation to why we saw things differently to you buddy :emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer:

FORZA LEEDS and ristac like this.
  15. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I didn't like to say ;)

Looks like you all had a great time though <ok>

Marcos Barber likes this.
  16. Marcos Barber

Spot on as (almost) ever boss. Meant to tell you afterwards, it was a joy to see Ayling at the end walk to the SE corner and keep going "yes" through gritted teeth and fist punching. Think he was trying to be controlled but he mirrored everything I did / felt.

I would have told you this face to face but couldn't get a word in with you telling me what a genious Cellino is <laugh><laugh><laugh>

17. Marcos Barber

Mate, you HAVE to come next time - it was awesome, they are fantastic guys (yes, even HIM). Bring your little ones, turns out indoctrination is the way forward after all :emoticon-0148-yes:

ristac and Farsleyexile like this.
  18. LeeUtd

LeeUtd Well-Known Member

I got back about 12:30 today. Heard from Boris and he ended up in the Old White Hart pub and finished up about 1 am before being dropped back at the hotel by some friendly locals :emoticon-0167-beer: :emoticon-0114-dull:

19. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Hold on... Slack gob...
    We had a northern convention and we decided that once was enough.
    Feck back off to supporting arsenal.. You are not and you never will be one of us.

20. Marcos Barber

Or you could admit you are missing his charm and wit, we'd understand :bandit:

Judging by how quiet it is on here today I think there might be a few pairs of slippers in the air this afternoon <laugh>

How's the holiday? Hope you are having the best time - ignore the old rogues on here and have the best time with Margaret.

Look forward to meeting again before this wonderful season draws to a close :emoticon-0148-yes:

Whitejock likes this.