1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Leeds Utd v Bristol City / Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Feb 13, 2017.

?

Scoreline: Leeds Utd v Bristol City

Poll closed Feb 14, 2017.
  1. 0-0

6.7%
  2. 1-1

13.3%
  3. 2-2

6.7%
  4. 3-3 or higher

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Leeds by 1

13.3%
  6. Bristol City by 1

6.7%
  7. Leeds by 2

33.3%
  8. Bristol City by 2

6.7%
  9. Leeds by 3 or more

6.7%
  10. Bristol City by 3 or more

13.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Thought Phillips looked fresh when he came on so you're probably right that's it's time to give Vieira a little break.

Can't help thinking back to the Sutton match and what a poor side we put out. Since then we've lost momentum and a little bit of confidence.

Eireleeds1 and Whitejock like this.
  2. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

Was only listening to it on K Sport, but it went off air just after halftime. Started listening to Eddie and someone else but someone else talked very slow, he was a bit boring to listen too.

Having read your comments, and listening to what Eddie had to say, I think you both agree with each other. Eddie said we started off well but then let Bristol back into game.

I personally think the main players are getting tired, and it's the wrong end of season to be lacking in stamina, it may well tell after a few more games in, if it's the case, which I think it is, it's going to be a worry as the last third of season gets close to end.

Good comments Jammy........:emoticon-0148-yes:

3. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

So green was fantastic. I think i heard on the radio that Wood fluked a goal too?

Leedsoflondon likes this.
  4. Chippy / Glory

Did we run out of gas in the second half?

5. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

May well be first time we'll welcome an international break in March. Maybe Monk will bring squad away for a little holiday and a bit of bonding and a rest

6. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

I think the lads will need it to be honest Eire, but still a few matches to go yet.......:emoticon-0148-yes:

7. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

I think it's fair to say that some of our players did, but not in a bad way. Very high levels of energy from everyone throughout the match, and matched by a very fit Robins team. Sacko looked the worst at the end, but obviously the other 3 subs were a higher priority.

8. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

9. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

3 losses in a row would have been a disaster , well done .

10. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

Ok it's a day late from me but here goes...

Brilliant drive to Leeds, stopped at Ferrybridge and the locust took less time to eat what he was served in Burger King than it took the teenage drongo to serve him.

Smug dad driving on M62 looking forward to early check in, slow walk / cab to ground, couple of pints in Peacock... Bit of footie, lecture about how lucky he is, all is forgiven, move on...

Sat nav says 5.30 arrival... Bingo!

Reality, M62 warning signs junction 29 to junction 26 hour and a half delay. Result, every man and his dog diverts through Leeds, hotel arrival time 6.54 (1 hour for 0.7 miles at one point). Stressed dad sends delinquent to chuck bags in room while getting, on another day pretty, but today, painfully slow receptionist to just explain quickest "walk" to Elland Road (on account of the fact walking had to be quicker than anything at that point). Pretty receptionist says it's a 37 minute walk - dad has hump!

Dad finds there is a bit of life in the old legs yet and we make the Peacock for 7.25 - time for a rapid pint of blonde and a red bull for locust.

Delinquent enters ground, dad gets stuck in 45 degree revolved turnstile. People behind tell dad to get out of the ****ing way, steward tells dad to go to the ticket office to re-validate his ticket. Dad points out, however much he would like to accommodate everyone's less than polite requests, he is stuck in a ****ing turnstile and can't move. Eventually, at delinquents suggestion, bloke behind scans his ticket, jumps in more or less cattle pen with dad and they might as well be bumming when they fall out the other end.

Crowd, sort of subdued from the off, players, sort of subdued from the off. Think dad and delinquent must have been tired, kind of like the last people singing karaoke when everyone else is going to bed.

Players, yeah, we did enough. Better up front and in defence really but they were slicker in midfield. Having said that, their centre halves were big lumps (didn't buy a programme and can't be bothered to Google so don't know who they were) and didn't give Wood a thing in the air (more progress on the ground) and yet we kept throwing it up to him all night. Thought Woods goal was a foul first and the Bristol players went mad, Tomlin was asking Green to let his kick off go straight in! Hernandez deflection made it look easy. Needed a third goal to ever feel totally comfortable and can't believe we didn't get the penalty when their keeper slipped and the defender spread himself like Peter Schmeichal to stop Aylings cross. Son enjoyed chant to ref that followed :bandit:

A little edgy to the end but Green was excellent apart from one moment when he shouted for it and everyone left it apart from the Bristol player <steam> just a Green moment but it came to nothing.

Good win in the end and if we back it up with another on Saturday everything will be dandy again and set up a corker with the Wendies!

After a couple of PMs knew how to find WJ and did in the Peacock car park. Couldn't persuade him to have a beer but I enjoyed a few and we had a good natter - really top bloke :emoticon-0148-yes: Son thinks WJ is cool too especially as he drove at 100mph when he very generously drove us back to the hotel - thank you again Neil :emoticon-0148-yes:

Unfortunately didn't meet Wakey this time although he was there - I know this much because he was texting every ten minutes, think it is fair to say he was excited :emoticon-0148-yes: Didn't meet this time because he wouldn't have a shandy as he had brought his cat for some reason <whistle> when the next message arrived saying he had come in his cat and drives for a living I realised what he was trying to tell me!!

Much, much better drive home - sorry, will talk more about the footy next time :emoticon-0148-yes:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017

11. Marcos Barber

Meant to say, Barrow looked decent, a real turn of pace over the first ten yards - could be a good version of Haidi Flatley on the other wing

seabreeze likes this.
  12. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Sounds like the weds game needs to be a good day to make up for it.

13. Marcos Barber

Don't get me wrong, we had a great time but I think the Wednesday game will be a blast :emoticon-0148-yes:

14. Marcos Barber

image.jpeg Meant to say, I caught another poster moonlighting for Chesh on the M62 <laugh>

Farsleyexile likes this.
  15. lifecheshirewhite

Wonder if anyone will get a word in at the Wendies game ?

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  16. Chippy / Glory

Yep.
    Wj cant make it.
    :emoticon-0173-middl

17. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

I resemble that remark! :D

Chippy / Glory likes this.
  18. Chippy / Glory

When do you go?

19. Marcos Barber

If I could be arsed I could put that "joke" on the Brexit thread a few hundred times if you like?

20. lifecheshirewhite

Leave Glory alone <whistle>

Farsleyexile and Marcos Barber like this.