1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Leeds Utd v Bristol City / Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Feb 13, 2017.

?

Scoreline: Leeds Utd v Bristol City

Poll closed Feb 14, 2017.
  1. 0-0

6.7%
  2. 1-1

13.3%
  3. 2-2

6.7%
  4. 3-3 or higher

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Leeds by 1

13.3%
  6. Bristol City by 1

6.7%
  7. Leeds by 2

33.3%
  8. Bristol City by 2

6.7%
  9. Leeds by 3 or more

6.7%
  10. Bristol City by 3 or more

13.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Erm. Supposed to be Sunday, but I've screwed up a wee bit. Left booking my Oz visa too late. Wife's went through automatically, but mine requires a 'human' check as I declared my speedings as convictions, and can take up to a month. Got plan B in operation (different kind of visa, with no convictions declared) & plan C worked out (fly to NZ & wait on ship arriving with wife on board). Fingers, arms, legs & eyes all crossed as every avenue has now been explored. Could be a long night tonight as it's last chance saloon for approvals (they don't do weekends). :(

2. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Wherever you end up have a whale of a time.

Whitejock likes this.
  3. lifecheshirewhite

Whitejock,forgot to do visa for oz once myself,was done online at the Airport for $30 there and then,may still be able to do that,worth a try.

Whitejock likes this.
  4. Whitejock

That's plan D atm, but might get moved up to plan C. The thing I'm trying to clarify is if I fail, do they send me directly back home, or do I get to choose NZ to GTF. Can't exactly ask them outright atm - but it would save me a £600 flight. Think the one you're talking about is the old ETA - that's plan B & it cost me 130 AUD. Hoping one of them will come through tonight.

5. lifecheshirewhite

Think you will be just fine m8,watch the Aussie immigration programs all the time and never seen anyone turned away for speeding tickets.

Unless you were trying to outrun the police with your coke stash.

OLOF likes this.
  6. Whitejock

Hope so, and that's not the bit that worries me. What worries me is that I don't have a visa! I've spoken with the OZ immigration call centre & there is a chance I'll get sent home if I arrive without one - for being a chancer (couldn't resist). Happy to take it all in my stride myself, just means I have to leave Mrs WJ & her MS on their own on the other side of the world. :D Sounds dramatic, but that's her thinking & I have to deal with it. So angry with myself. Assumed it was automatic. Irony is that I've had a clean licence for 2 years now - first time ever. :D

7. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

Can't imagine why you would have any issues whatsoever with a holiday visa for Australia. They love tourists here for the most part, its only staying here that becomes very tricky. I'm sure you'll be able to get it worked out.

Separate note, what cities you looking at over here?

8. Whitejock

Arriving in Sydney & collapsing in a hotel for a night. Then flying up to Sunshine Coast airport to stay with my mate in a nature reserve in Montville, just outside of Brisbane. Managed to make contact with an old school pal too. He lives in Brisbane, and by coincidence, his daughter is getting married in Montivlle! Bit of a coincidence, especially when the Montville population is only 800! We then head down to Sydney for 3 days before we go onto phase 2 - the cruise to San Francisco. Only thing that's bothering me is the unknown - i.e. what'll happen if I arrive without a visa.

9. Josh-LUFC

Montville is a pretty popular place to get married. I know a few people that have, its quite nice there. I also prefer the Sunshine Coast to the Gold Coast (which is more popular for tourists). Its a bit more chilled on the sunny.

I honestly think that even if you arrive without a visa you'll probably be able to get it sorted in the airport but definitely don't hold me to that. The only people who don't get let in are criminals, Australia literally thrives off of tourism.

10. Whitejock

LOL. There's a certain irony in your 'criminals' statement. :D Was hoping to look you up for the Birmingham match, but I'll have sailed before it starts, sadly. guess you've been spared! :D

Marcos Barber likes this.

11. Josh-LUFC

<laugh> I'd love to say the irony was intended

Whitejock likes this.
  12. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

They're one of Fulham's games in hand so here's hoping they can do us a favour and win that one.

13. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If you're going to Australia, watch out for Ringo

please log in to view this image

14. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Ringo is in bradfut.
    I think you mean brizzie ( clue is in the name). <doh>

In other news millwall will be humiliated on national tele. Spuds at Right ****e Lane.

Whitejock and ellandback like this.