1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leeds Utd v Brentford Match thread / Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Dec 15, 2016.

?

SCORELINE:Leeds Utd v Brentford

Poll closed Dec 17, 2016.
  1. 0-0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1-1

7.1%
  3. 2-2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 3-3 or higher

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Leeds by 1

28.6%
  6. Brentford by 1

7.1%
  7. Leeds by 2

35.7%
  8. Brentford by 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Leeds by 3 or more

28.6%
  10. Brentford by 3 or more

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

Leeds Utd v Brentford
    Saturday 17th December at 3.00pm
    Streaming links to follow
    Good Morning Everyone,

I know stats can be distorted but when you look at Chris Woods strike rate over 2015 /16, it's not great.

He had definitely improved, but is he good enough to spearhead our attack?

There is still no word as to whether Wood will be fit for Saturday's crunch tie against Brentford.

One player who will be playing is Liam Bridcutt. The influential defensive midfielder had no ill effects of the injury that has kept him out of the team for the last 3 months.

I'll update the team news after the presser (9am)

2. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Readings pass map from Tuesday nights game

3. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Derby and Leeds to play March friendly as Rams chairman Mel Morris looks to show up Football League over media rights
    • Derby chairman Mel Morris is in conflict with the Football League after being denied to access to the details of TV deal he claims could be a lot better
    • His club and Leeds are going to play a friendly to highlight lost revenue streams
    • They want to show the flaws of a monopoly deal for just eight per cent of fixtures
    • The Premier League are investing resources to cut down pirate streaming
    • Premiership Rugby have failed to appoint a chairman to replace Quentin Smith
    An unlikely friendly match between Championship rivals Derby County and Leeds is going to be staged at Pride Park during the March international break as part of Rams chairman Mel Morris's battle with the Football League over media rights.

The formidable Morris is in conflict with the FL after being denied access to the details of TV deals he claims could be a lot better.

He is putting on the game to highlight the major revenues he believes could be made from broadcasting and social media if there was no restrictions from a monopoly TV deal for eight per cent of the fixtures.

Morris, who it is understood has significant support for his views from across the EFL divisions, has invited all 72 clubs plus the League board and commercial committee to a meeting at Derby on January 5 where he will present his media plans in detail.

Morris wrote in his latest letter to clubs: 'My quest is to ensure the Football League is able to efficiently and successfully grow our brand and our revenues.

'I am underwhelmed by our lack of stature and the weak levels of monetisation of our media rights and the seeming lack of efforts, focus and results delivered by those responsible.

'Even against the backdrop of the agreements that we are not allowed to see, we believe there are significant opportunities for all of us to generate meaningful incremental revenue, even for this season.'

The FL remain convinced that the current Sky deal is a good one and have yet to see any evidence to the contrary.

They are also appointing a broadcasting expert onto the staff to prepare for the next TV deals.

A major concern for the Premier League with lucrative TV rights to protect is the growth of pirate streaming of their action with a landmark audience of a million reckoned to have illegally watched Manchester United's win at Swansea that wasn't a selected TV match.

The PL say they are containing the situation by investing a lot of resources to fighting the problem and have had a string of successful court actions

Premiership Rugby have made the bizarre decision not to appoint an independent chairman to replace Quentin Smith following a six-month search by headhunters that had two captains of industry on the final shortlist.

The decision, voted for by the smallest possible margin after an acrimonious board meeting involving the 12 elite clubs plus Yorkshire Carnegie and London Irish, not only goes against their own regulations but also Sport England's governance code.

It will also embarrass recruitment company chairman Michael Squires, who has to inform the candidates their time has been wasted.

A Premiership spokesman said the issue will be discussed again in February.

4. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Reading completed an astonishing 440 passes in their own half, but managed only two shots on target.

Speaking to Get Reading, Stam criticised Leeds supporters, and Garry Monk's side.

He said: "You can tell something about how they are as human beings to be fair.

"It's a way of thinking.

“Because if you think that this is boring I think they need to have a look at their own team and how they play.”

Most passes completed in the Championship last night:
    P. McShane (119)
    T. Cairney (116)
    L. Moore (116)
    S. Johansen (90)
    Rotherham (75)

strachallister likes this.
  5. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

Morning Elland, morning those joining. This weekend has got banana skin written all over it. On paper, we should win at a canter. But Leeds being Leeds, we might make hard work of this. Ihope one or two squad players play to give a couple of regulars a break AND the squad players an opportunity to show why they should be starting more often.

LeedsLover likes this.
  6. leedsrevolution

leedsrevolution Well-Known Member

If we realistically want to finish top 6 it's a must win. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a draw. 1-1 is my bet.

7. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

Agreed on the need for a win. However, I think in Monk we have a Manager who will put it into words of one syllabul if the team are slacking in the first half. I'll take us to win 2-0 with Bridcutt back and showing us the steel we've missed in midfield

8. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Boggers, yes, would love to see Bidcutt and Berardi start

9. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. Hernandez back in training which is good news, Wood to have further scans as extent of injury still not known. Usual culprits on waccoe and twitter were last night wetting themselves declaring Radrizanni had passed the fl test and would announce a majority takeover Friday. Seems to me, theres been a takeover predicted for every Friday. If eventually does happen, heres hoping its a positive one that strengthens rather than destabilises Monks work. Weve all marvelled at what the Birmingham owners did yesterday. Weve hd a hugely productive five months but the trend must continue given how close the championship is this season

10. Millwallsteve

Millwallsteve Waterloo's Finest
    Forum Moderator

Morning Matt, you got the only stat that matters and seems to me Stam's been sharing the remainiacs bag of sour grapes.........:bandit: <ok>

strachallister and Eireleeds1 like this.

11. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Off topic, but the funniest thing I have seen

12. ellandback

Forum Moderator

13. ellandback

Forum Moderator

14. ellandback

Forum Moderator

15. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Lee Sobot ‏@LeeSobotYEP
    Lewie Coyle is making great progress from his knee injury. A few more weeks out but could be back in January.

16. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

jap Stam is a coont and no wonder red nose fooked him off. Call me a racist you twat but your brand of football is shyte and feel our fans deserve better than to be called stupid ignorant idiots, fook off home. Better for that.

Wood is an asset and will carry on getting better, but he will get hurt if he is constantly being the lone striker. He needs support and we need a top striker now without doubt. No chance that our Scottish loan player will be back, Anntonson is a good striker but will he get a chance at this level? Roofe can play up top in a 2 but will Monk play that way. We need a Beardsley type striker and a top midfielder and then I think kiddies we have a chance.

17. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Lee Sobot ‏@LeeSobotYEP
    Monk on Jaap Stam's comments: "I felt a bit embarrassed for him making those comments. Sometimes emotions are high."

18. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Lee Sobot ‏@LeeSobotYEP
    Monk on Birmingham and Rowett: "I was amazed. I think it was an unbelievable decision from the outside."

19. ellandback

Forum Moderator

20. ellandback

Forum Moderator

strachallister and Farsleyexile like this.