1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leeds game moved

Discussion in 'Brighton' started by eastyorkshirewhite, Jun 24, 2011.

1. eastyorkshirewhite

As a Leeds fan i cannot believe that your local police wants the game on a friday night.All this means is that hundreds of Leeds fans will stay overnight in Brighton which could lead to a lot of problems.I would expect the police have enough on their hands on a normal friday night not to want to have to deal with us aswell.They must be stupid i expect the residents of Brighton dont fancy this either.

2. Sergei Gotsmanov

I think it is better to have you lot down for a friday night. By the time the game has finished there will be minimal time for you to cause any trouble in town on the friday night and then hopefully you will all leave the next day. If the game was played on a saturday afternoon there is a risk that you will come down early for the friday night and then stay after the game for the saturday night as well. Lesser of 2 evils i would say!

3. eastyorkshirewhite

Still think you will get hundreds making a full week-end of it.

4. Leeds Seagull

Leeds Seagull New Member

Weekend? Im planning on making a full week of it :D

5. eastyorkshirewhite

I like the way you say we will cause the trouble i think Brighton will have its own idiots football fans or not who cause mayhem on a Friday or Saturday night in the town or are all the youngsters tee-total?

6. Sergei Gotsmanov

Hang on a minute.....i' just going by what was implied in your original post......

.....of course we have our share of twats in town at the weekend.....what we dont need is you adding to it. You seem to fully expect that will happen and you are better placed to know what your clubs fans are like when they travel away. I would suggest that it is that kind of attitude that becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. We are more than happy to welcome football genuine fans to our ground and our city but if you come with the attitude that there's gonna be trouble you will undoubtedly find it. The game should be good....just please try to leave our city in one piece and if you're gonna kick off just dont bother coming.

7. eastyorkshirewhite

its not the genuine football fans like myself who will be the problem its the ones who can not handle drink and want to cause trouble like which happens in most cities on a week-end all i am saying any town is bad enough without adding to the problem.For my-self i hope to able to come have a couple of beers then make my way back up north on a coach without any problems.Its just like i can see it getting out of hand which nobody wants but the innocent people can soon get caught up in it.I dont if families will still be down there on holiday or not but i am sure they dont want to see any trouble.I understand it is due to a large influx of new students coming to Brighton that week-end and the police feel it will cause a lot of congestion around the ground.