1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lee Upset Harry About Aden & Joe.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Aug 4, 2017.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Harry Redknapp's take on the bid for Bristol City pair Aden Flint and Joe Bryan

The Birmingham City boss responds to Lee Johnson

Harry Redknapp says that Birmingham City were entitled to make a bid for Aden Flint and Joe Bryan – despite the offer being described as “derisory” by Bristol City boss Lee Johnson.

Johnson came out recently to confirm that City had turned down the Blues’ advances while the head coach has previously spoken about the way Redknapp has dealt with the Flint speculation.

Amid all the transfer gossip, Redknapp says he doesn’t understand why somebody is upset about the Flint and Bryan drama.

please log in to view this image

Aden Flint, left, and Joe Bryan
    “The club made an offer for two lads, I went to Bristol City and saw them play last week,” Redknapp said.

“I was very impressed with them, they look a really good side.
    “We made an offer for a couple of players but it got rejected.
    “You’re entitled to make an offer - someone said somebody is upset or something, I don’t know why.

“We’ve had offers here as well for players.”

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/harry-redknapps-take-bid-bristol-278808

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  2. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

I note that he hasn't named the players or the amount bid for the said players of his. Funny that the names of our players and amounts bid got into press

3. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

I don't think there's a story here at all - of course Birmingham have a right to bid whatever they want and we have a right to reject whatever we want; I don't think either side is upset.

Not sure how much money is available to Redknapp, because if the reported figures are true, they're well short of what you'd expect in todays climate. I think though he himself doesn't like the 'wheeler dealer' tag, it does highlight one of his strengths (i.e. identifying what players suit what roles he wants), but perhaps the spiralling figures involved have left him a bit behind the times - essentially, it's much harder to unearth a bargain nowadays.

Still, he's got a ready-made excuse if Birmingham have a poor season.

4. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Birmingham were never going to offer £10m, no one wants to pay over the odds for players. Well, unless you're PSG maybe..

So it's yet another non story but if he's reacted to it, then Johnson needs to man up and keep his mouth shut, or just laugh it off.

5. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

All LJ said was it was a "derisory offer" he never said "Harry's picking on me" it's just press talk.
    But if he did say anything could you blame him? After all why was it public knowledge as it was never going to be accepted so either us or them leaked the offer to the press, or maybe RR's brother.

6. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

IMHO calling another club or Manager out in that fashion is still asking for a backlash,

7. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

But did he call him out? Or is this just another stick to knock the club?
    I think we've all a few times been misquoted in life with he said etc. Cotterill was one of the most successful in recent times but he was forever speaking out yet no one minded then.

8. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

We all thought it was a derisory offer. LJ was saying what we all thought.
    Arry doesn't like it that little ole Bristol City turned down an offer from his vastly superior club - so what?

RedorDead likes this.
  9. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

I listened to this interview live on Talksport, it was with Alan Brazil and this has been massively mis-reported!

He said "I went down to watch a couple of lads at Bristol City last week, I was really impressed by them, lee Johnson has got them playing some nice stuff, apparently we put in an offer for a couple of their lads which they turned down, I don't know if we'll go back in or not? someone there was a bit upset by the offer but we're entitled to make it just as they are entitled to turn it down"

I paraphrase obviously but Harry meant absolutely no disrespect from what I was listening to!

10. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

I don't think it was the offer that upset People but the fact it got leaked was the issue. Potentially unsettling a couple of our players a week before the season starts because of an offer we were never going to accept

11. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

Derisory was used to try and russell up some higher bids from other clubs. It was more a statement of intent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk