1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lee Tomlin going

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, Jul 12, 2017.

1. TampaBayBCFC

TampaBayBCFC Active Member

On his day a tremendous player. Problem was last season not enough of "his days". Maybe it was his relationship with LJ gone sour. Can't imagine that Warnock will take any crap from him and that will likely mean he will be a fabulous asset for Cardiff.

2. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Oh no we are ****ed, the world is ending for LJ.

Oh wait, wasn't Tomlin dropped at the time we turned a corner? I said at the time we was trying to hard to fit Tomlin into a team, to the detriment of the team in my option. Great player on his day but if anyone witnessed his display at Wolves on Boxing Day would agree, if he didn't get his way he just dropped his head and looked disinterested in playing.
    Now let's go and get someone who can allow us to play two up front and keep some shape.
    Also RR, you keep banging on about Magnusson, and to some extent Taylor Moore so don't you think one of those alongside Bailey Wright is enough cover? Or do you just want to slash your wrist crying about it on here and making a tool of yourself on Facebook as well?

3. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Rod more than happy with Maggs replacing Flint.That kid will play in the prem.
    My concern is the manager he is losing his better players,I'm aware MT has already falling out with him,he ain't injured,he wants to play in his preferred position,no out wide.
    The ship ain't a happy place once again,I really think LJ is going to have to sink,or swim, very quickly next season.
    I think he is a lead ballon in waiting,going to sink very quickly.Three windows nearly up,we look worse now than when he started

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  4. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

I was never impressed by Lee becoming our manager and have berated him on many occasions. This season I'm taking a wait and see attitude because I don't think we can truly criticize until we have seen the results of his summer homework and quite honestly I don't know what to expect. By his own words we must not throw stones until he has had his third transfer window but all I see is the same old stuff without any excitement waiting in the wings. What else is there left to say until it all kicks off for real in a few weeks when we can put on our judgement caps?

bcfcredandwhite likes this.
  5. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Still 3 weeks to go until season starts. Once the Premiership chooses their squad's of 25 then things will pick up. Even then there is another three weeks after the season starts to get players.
    MT will be easily replaced if he's not happy, it's not as though he is that good, from what I've seen of him. I would say CJS verdict of him seeing more games than us is pretty accurate. However I always want fringe players to be unhappy. That way they've either got to work harder to get into the team or leave.
    We've probably already got Tammys replacement. And looking at the final games of last season we went without Tomlin.
    Me I'm going to give LJ slightly more games than Wiz but not many more.

6. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Yeah I think I might be the only one but Tomlin was in the weird position of being a highly valuable asset, who would probably play a lot of games, but absolutely doesn't need a replacement.