1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lee Tomlin at the Vale

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Sayer77, Jul 12, 2017.

1. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Tomlin has loads of skill and can certainly turn it on when he wants.

Trouble is, that has not been often of late. Our resurgence at the end of last season coincided with him being dropped. Coincidence? Maybe - or maybe not.......

2. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I doubt your resurgance to save your Championship status those last half dozen games or so last season was anything to do with Tomlin not playing. Nothing was mentioned about him being a problem in the side when you were top 6 after the first dozen games - in fact he was the dog's doodahs at the time.

From what I read the chemistry between Johnson and Tomlin deteriorated and was highlighted as a prime cause for your poor mid-season performances. You always had 10 other players on the pitch who could have done the business but from what I watched of you at the time, you were probably the worst looking outfit in the league - that's down to the manager.

I'm not sticking up for Tomlin here redandwhite mate, but for whatever reason I don't rate Johnson as a manager of men - just a personal opinion.

Maybe Warnock is the right sort of manager to unlock Tomlin's considerable talents - he did it with Tarbaat a few years back and with our very own Zohore just last season. Even our long serving Aron Gunnarsson had lost it during the Slade/Trollope period here but he was like a man possessed last season once Warnock arrived.

I hope Warnock can switch Tomlin on but only time will tell. In the meantime the best of luck to you over the Bridge this season in what seems to be a very open Championship. <ok>

Red Robin and DaiJones like this.
  3. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Junior played Tomlin wide left.
    Colin has said Tomlin will play central.
    If he gets the balance right in midfield time will tell Colin was right.

Take it from me Sparkey that Tomlin has a special ability and I hope he's found a manager in Warnock who knows how to play him - on and off the field.
    BCFC had/have no chance with Lee Johnson.