1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

League 1 Table comparison with last season...

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by ChilcoSaint, Mar 10, 2011.

1. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

After 33 games Saints are on 58 points in 5th position, 10 points behind Brighton in 1st place and 3 points behind Bournemouth in 2nd.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/LeagueTable/0,,10280~20110310,00.html

After the same number of games last season we were in 10th place on 44 points, 31 points behind Norwich in 1st and 24 behind Leeds in 2nd.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/LeagueTable/0,,10280~20100306,00.html

Admittedly, at this stage last year Norwich had played 2 games more than us and Leeds 1 more, but comparison of the two league tables shows what a different prospect this season is in respect of the points won by the top clubs.

At this stage last year the top 5 clubs had all got 60 or more points, whereas this season only Brighton and Bournemouth have managed to get 60.

This season, eveything is still up for grabs and almost anyone in the top half of the table could still theoretically win the league!

2. RickieLambertsGoldenBoot

RickieLambertsGoldenBoot Well-Known Member

Perfect post. 5 star matey :D

It really is amazing how some fans were saying after the Walsall game how it was the end of the season for us... <laugh>

We are better off this season and last season would have done anything to be in the top 6.

There is now a gap opening up between 7th and 8th so it really is game on now!

COYR!

3. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

Cheers RLGB! :emoticon-0142-happy I can recall how desperate we were to get to the playoffs, right up to the draw against Oldham which put paid to our chances. As you say, this season a lot of people will think we have failed if we ONLY get to the playoffs! Not that we will, I am sure that second spot has "Saints" written all over it! COYR!

4. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

If you really think it is a 5 star post go to the top where it says rate this post and give him the marks you think he deserves.......:emoticon-0150-hands <ok>

5. Channonfodder

Channonfodder Rebel without a clue.....

A great thread I hope it puts into context that whilst Saturdays game is important, should the result not go as we hope, it will not be the end of the world.

6. Saintsfan4 life1

Saintsfan4 life1 New Member

What a great post have just found & joined this site and I am really impressed about the quality of information here.

7. C_G_O

C_G_O Member

No it won't and i just hope fans remember that if we don't get a result there. I don't think i can bear the predictable string of 'Adkins hasn't got a clue' rants.

8. Beddy

hey man not sure whether we did acknowledge you to the board if we didn't can I Be one of the first to welcome you to the Saints site......... Saintsfan for life.......... We look forward to your contribution......any problems or questions please don't hesitate to contact (pm) myself or Kingsland. Enjoy..........

9. Beddy

To be honest I think you are right a lot of fans post directly after a defeat and express their disappointment and put the blame squarely on the easiest one it is to blame. Within a day or to they are back their disappointment put to the back of their minds and we are off again. It's called human nature and we all respond in differing ways. It can be a bit frustrating for those a bit more laid back about things. Each to their own as they say.......

10. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Important not to swing from elation to despair. Whilst this Saturday's game is important for the immediate gratification of rising above Bournemouth (whether it's 2nd, 3rd or 4th), the season does not hang on this game. There is still a lot of the season to go and we are in good form. Like to win every game, but one loss does not mean NA is useless. His form as a manager is good and, for stability sake, I would support him next year even if we didn't go up. Not that I want that put to the test!

11. RickieLambertsGoldenBoot

RickieLambertsGoldenBoot Well-Known Member

Beddy, I did it when I said it ;)

12. thebronze14

thebronze14 Well-Known Member

That post chilcosaint has improved my humour by no end!!:D

13. hippysaint

hippysaint Member

Interesting to see where we are this year compared to last. Its all to play for.