1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Leadbitter

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by C19RK73, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

I think McNair will be one of our best and most important players this season.
    Early signs show that Graysons going to play 442 meaning we currently have 5 players chasing 2 positions.
    Unless Leadbitters going ti be on a pay as you play deal whats the point in wasting more money on wages?

2. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Injury prone players and lots of games primarily. I don't know if that's true of McNair just going off his time with us so far. Leadbitter would be nice and cheap too not a big drain on the wage bill.

3. Teessidemackem

Sorry mate i still cant see the sense.
    Rodwell will be 4th choice midfielder anyway so he can have plenty of time to wrap up in cotton wool.
    We also have Honeyman who can fill in aswell. Leadbitters not the player he was a few years ago. Hes barely started for boro in 2years

4. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I know what you mean, it depends how good he is these days. No point signing **** when we've already got Gibson.

5. Teessidemackem

Id quite happily swap him with Gibson.

JammySAFC and Nacho like this.
  6. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Cause none of them can hit a barn door. Everyone of those struggles for goals, oh, and they've all but Ndong suffered big injuries or are generally prone. We need goals from that area of the pitch. We don't have a Defoe now, goals have to come from everywhere. We can offload Gibson in Jan when his Contract runs out, it's less than 4 months then we either have to resign him(he's rubbish, no thanks, we're way too well stacked with holding midfielders), or buy a CM in during the most inflated window. Makes sense to get cheap player in while he's available than be bent over for a different squad filler in Jan.

He'll be cheep to buy, cheap to pay and offers something we don't have and desperately need cause our entire CM options offer nothing in the final 3rd other than Rodwell from set pieces.

7. Teessidemackem

I know what your saying mate but his last proper goalscoring season was nearly 3 years ago.
    He hardly played last season and Boros promotion season 2 years ago he only scored 4 in 46 appearances. The Boro fans i know say hes lost it and all he does is take pot shots from anywhere.

8. Brian Storm

Well I'm not saying he's Prem standard. I'm not even promoting him as a starter. He's decent at this level and has tools we don't have. We need a CM in Jan anyway, may as well get it now as a squad filler in 4 months will be double the price and we can barely afford starting players at the moment without paying double on **** in 4 months. If not Leadbitter, we need a CM option who doesn't get a nose bleed attacking, this window.

Agree to disagree fella. :)

Attached Files:

9. Teessidemackem

Haha ok mate.

Brian Storm likes this.
  10. bonnybobbypark

bonnybobbypark Well-Known Member

............and he can take a penalty.

x

11. polyphemus

polyphemus Well-Known Member

It could be that two of our former Central Midfielders become available.

Putting aside personal feelings, a difficult thing I know, and judging purely on current ability, which of
    Leadbitter or Colback would serve the Team best?

(Given the level of irritation that Mr Short clearly felt about Jacks departure, there's more chance of his appointing Alan Shearer as our Goodwill Ambassador than him allowing Jack back).

12. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

I'd take him, think he's handy in centre mid and could likely do a job in the 8/10 position off a target man.

If it was up to me I'd be telling Gibson he's no longer welcome at the academy.

Brian Storm likes this.
  13. Gordon Armstrong

Gordon Armstrong Just another S.A.F.C. fan
    Forum Moderator

Do you mean with the half time oranges ?

Joking aside, although it would be good, sentimentally, to have young Grant back, he'll not be any better than most of what we've already got (he'd still be better than Gibson and is probably fitter than Rodders).

As Tees said, he hasn't been deemed to be good enough for 'Boro for a while ('cos 'his legs have gone'), but as Bobby said, he can (successfully) take penalties, so he's probably well past his best, and we've got someone that can score penalties, therefore unless it would be to replace Gobshite/useless Gibson, I wouldn't have him back :emoticon-0145-shake

14. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

to replace Gobshite/useless Gibson, I would have him back
    Yeh Gordon
    I think that would be a good idea

15. Sunderlad

Sunderlad Well-Known Member

Won't be back as he has burnt his bridges!!!!

16. Brian Storm

Right on my page.

17. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I'm sorry the lad is ****. We complained about his lack of influence when he was here, for all he was relatively tidy at left back.

I can't believe anyone would even contemplate a backwards step like that making any sense whatsoever.

That said, there is zero chance of it happening so I'm fine about it ha.

Sunderlad and Brian Storm like this.
  18. Brian Storm

Grant over Colback all the day long.We need a squad player who offers something different, not somebody who'll expect to be a higher earner and a regular starter but contributes nothing and won't even be close to the best midfielder

Nads likes this.
  19. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Like we've been saying mate first and foremost let's get some pride in the badge back. More like Catts, to a degree O'Shea (aye he's **** but he clearly gives a ****), people like Grant, like Vaughan who looks desperate to make an impression.

We have bits of quality there in N'Dong, Khazri if he stays, Watmore who will be massive when back up to speed. Grabban looks a lively ****er as well.

Let's not even consider the kind of stale porridge ****e like Colback.

Sunderlad, JammySAFC and Brian Storm like this.
  20. Brian Storm

Exactly. He might get look, one of the promoted team might mug themselves. Apart from that it's hard see where he'll go. he's on 40k, championship clubs won't pay thatHe might have to go to china already. Can't believe he left us on 15k a week and the mags gave him 40kpw.:emoticon-0102-bigsm