1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lawro's weekly bollocks

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Bidley, Sep 28, 2012.

1. FFC_Madness

FFC_Madness Well-Known Member

2. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

The 'Bollock' was kidding all along - he likes us, honest:

We're still going to lose 2-0 to Everton though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22294165

PS Don't think he's correctly mugged up on the FA disciplinary rules re Sidwell's second red.

3. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

I saw that quote, C58, and in my head I was saying "yes, yes, blimey, he's changed his tune"

Then saw;

And thought "nope, same old story"!

4. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

It's also hardly as if Sidwell would have been the key to victory either...

5. FFC_Madness

6. FFC_Madness

7. FFC_Madness

8. FFC_Madness

9. BobbyHerrera

BobbyHerrera Member

Thought this summed up the Bollock's tips perfectly. Thought he would be winning thousands knowing we're 'not that good on the road'!

How Mark Lawrenson’s tips would have cost you a summer holiday in Barbados
    Posted by Josh

By Josh Powell | Betting news

A white sandy beach stretching 150 metres. A beauty spa. Three pools and a jacuzzi. Unlimited cocktails brought over to you as you lazily sway in your hammock. It sounds like heaven, and that is the equivalent to the amount of money Mark Lawrenson has thrown away with some spectacularly bad tipping.

Lawro has been trying to pick winners all season with about as much success as trying to pull off that tired mullet of his. A £10 bet on each one of his tips would have resulted in punting £3,390 so far and returning a loss over £1,400. The same as a fully paid luxurious seven-day stay in the four star Amaryllis Beach Resort in Barbados. Nice.

Most pundits tend to get a healthy bashing off football fans and rightly so for their bland, monotone opinions and sweeping generalisations about players they haven’t even seen on the pitch. Here’s some solid statistical evidence to back up the argument that they don’t have the foggiest.

£10 on every PL match Lawro tipped this season:
    -£1,406.40

£10 on every PL correct score Lawro tipped this season:
    -£865.00

MARK MY WORDS: Lawro pulls out another whopper

Mark Lawrenson spends his time at the BBC nonchalantly tipping results like this Newcastle win at the weekend, but you’d have to be as unstable as a badger on acid to follow his lead.

In fairness to Lawro his record isn’t as bad as that large red writing above first appears. He does get a fair whack of results spot on but they are often the Manchester United’s, Chelsea’s and Manchester City’s where the odds hover around the 4/7 mark or lower. Credit where it is due though as if you’d backed Lawro’s correct scores in the last eight weeks, you would have been up on seven of them.

10. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

11. Cottager58

Welcome Bobby. You picked a winner to start on !

12. GeraScores

GeraScores Well-Known Member

Almost an irrelevancy......especially since we were never going to be dragged into the relegation battle.
    "Reading's relegation last weekend means I have to take into account that their manager Nigel Adkins might blood one or two younger players with a view to next season. Fulham are safely in mid-table so you might think this game will have a real end of season feel to it. But, given that they can still finish ninth, I bet their manager Martin Jol will be looking for them to maintain his record of always finishing in the top half of the Premier League. Make no mistake about it, ending up in the top 10 represents a very decent season for Fulham - and former Tottenham boss Jol is a very good manager. Yes, they did have a sticky patch earlier in the season when they almost slid into trouble but, to his credit, they never looked like being dragged into the relegation battle.
    Prediction: 2-0"

C O Y W !!!!

13. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

Probably his best write-up regarding us.

14. FFC_Madness

15. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

He will be delighted to hear that coming from you haha.

16. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

Seriously, what the hell? Lawro picked us to beat Liverpool?

I must have hit my head. Repeatedly.

17. FFC_Madness

Why on earth did he do that for??

He predicted a clear win against Reading and look the result.

And against Liverpool? I think he is reading this thread and is doing it to annoy us!!!

18. Cottager58

As he has over Berbatov, repeatedly. The clincher for the 'Bollock' of course is that L'pool are without that other 'old timer', Gerrard -

" Liverpool are without Steven Gerrard after his shoulder injury and I think the Cottagers might just edge it.

There has been a lot of speculation about Dimitar Berbatov's future at Craven Cottage but I think Fulham manager Martin Jol is a big factor in whether he stays or goes. The fact he is in London will make a difference to Berbatov too - I think he is happy and enjoying his football at a team where he is the fulcrum of everything that happens which, as we know, is important to him.

Unless Berbatov is absolutely itching to go somewhere else then I am not sure a move will happen."

Prediction: 2-1

Unfortunately there is another 'Bollock' on show on Saturday, Mark Halsey. Having announced that he's going to retire at the end of the season (oh, how we'll miss him along with Howard Webb - surprised Webb didn't put in for the Manchester job !!), Halsey is bound to make sure he's centre stage. We'll need more than a fair wind to get a result.

19. FFC_Madness

20. GeraScores

GeraScores Well-Known Member

Lawro has resumed normal service...

"This has been a good season for both teams, although they have both been on a run of poor results recently. The Cottagers have earned only one point from their last seven games which has led to doubts over the future of Fulham manager Martin Jol but, as far as replacing him is concerned, it is very much a case of better the devil you know than the devil you don't. There is monster money for the Premier League clubs from next season onwards and chairmen and chief executives should be very cautious about changing their managers if there is no real need to do so. Swansea's win at Wigan on 7 May was only their second since they won the League Cup final at the end of February. The Swans almost spoiled the party at Old Trafford for Sir Alex Ferguson in his farewell game last week too but I think they will end their campaign on a positive note. Prediction: 2-0"

Glad he supports MJ staying. And his predicted loss, means that we night get a point or three (OK, I'm being hopeful).

C O Y W