1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lawro's weekly bollocks

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Bidley, Sep 28, 2012.

1. FFC_Madness

FFC_Madness Well-Known Member

I have a feeling he will soon feature on a pre-game lunch!! Lol

2. GeraScores

GeraScores Well-Known Member

This week's LWB....{YAWN}

"Fulham are in the top half and pretty much out of the relegation fight, although they wobbled a bit in the second half of their win over QPR on Monday. The Cottagers have picked up form and points at the right time. They can be wishy-washy on the road but they have never really been in trouble, unlike Newcastle. Looking at the table, you would think the Magpies are in trouble, although I still don't think they will go down. This is a game they need to win, and they should win.
    Lawro's prediction: 2-0"

C O Y W !!!!!

3. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

Hahaha! ****ing classic Lawro! "Fulham have done well recently, have never been in any trouble. Newcastle are in trouble. Newcastle to win". Why does the daft old twat even bother writing anything, he may as well post the result and save his fingers to write about one of the top 6, you know, a team he does know something about. A-grade ****!

And breathe.

4. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

I just noticed he's up against the abomination that is Olly Murs. First Piss Morgan, now him! The triumvirate of Evil! Who's up next week, the reanimated corpse of Kim Jong Il?

5. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

Does Olly at least tip us to win?

6. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Nope. 3-2 to Newcastle.

Looking at the Bollock's assessment of the other games, I collapsed over this one -

Southampton will be looking over their shoulders at the teams below them but the great thing for them is that a lot of the teams at the bottom of the table - including Reading - don't look like they are going to win enough games to catch them.

Saints got a big win against Chelsea last week and they now have a few teams - and a few points - between them and the bottom three. They are strong going forward which is why I always fancied they would be OK.

Prediction: Reading 2 Southampton 1

7. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

Hahahahahahaha. Is Lawro going senile?

8. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

Good grief!

9. Gillyffc

Gillyffc Member

Made worse by the fact he actually has Southampton as going down in his prediction table. He also has QPR in 7th, ahead of Tottenham. Talk of misguided faith...

10. BredeRules

BredeRules Member

Lawro’s appalling performance versus reality is not just against some start of season prediction but is an ongoing forecast right up to today. The illusion of QPR on 52 points (yes 52 points!) and the downer on Fulham. Southampton are wining 2-0 with 37 points so are not in the relegation zone along with Swansea.

Just for the record
    http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Mark_Lawrensons_Predictions_2012-13.html

11. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

I think I must have taken a blow to the head, as I swear I just read Lawro say we had recently shown we were good on the road.

Of course, he still predicted that we will lose...

12. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

Not only that, but an additional couple of paragraphs too! Have the planets aligned? ... Oh, no, he still shows no reasoning for his prediction.

13. Cottager58

Ah, but he gave us a sidebar which included this condescending piece of bollocks:

they are absolutely safe now, which is a decent achievement at a club with limited resources

14. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Did anyone see MOTD2? Colin Murray delivered a cracking put-down to Lawro, after Lawro said CM could do with a new suit: 'Fashion advice from Mark Lawrenson: that's like Alan Partridge's worst television idea ever.' Good to see that Murray is going down fighting after the sulky ex-pros got him ousted for next season.

15. FFC_Madness

I think Lawro will go with something along these lines:
    "Arsenal dropped points against Everton while Chelsea are gaining ground. Arsenal this and Arsenal that. (About 10 lines.)
    Fulham are safe but lost to Chelsea because Berbatov was playing deeper than usual. I recon Arsenal will win. Prediction:0-2"

16. GeraScores

The GS Health Warning <Take a deep breath before reading this> still applies to this LWB....

"Fulham were soundly beaten 3-0 by local rivals Chelsea on Wednesday, but they were doing well for 30 minutes until they were unhinged by the quality of the opening Blues goal, scored by defender David Luiz. Up until that loss, Martin Jol's men had been on decent run - only one defeat in seven.

They face an Arsenal side whose manager Arsene Wenger made me smile the other day following their 0-0 draw against Everton. The Frenchman wasn't happy with Everton's robust tacking. It made me think of the days when the Gunners had Tony Adams, Steve Bould, Lee Dixon, Nigel Winterburn, Martin Keown, Patrick Vieira, Emmanuel Petit and Ray Parlour - what Wenger would give to have a couple of those players in his squad right now.

Having said that, I still think Arsenal will win at Craven Cottage.

Lawro's prediction: 1-2"

Yet again: priceless; ill-thought; rubbish. Still, the upside is that it does give me a smile each Thursday.

C O Y W !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Cottager58

Still in his own little world!

I know how he feels though GS. When Petric put that 'goal line clearance' over the bar last night, I said to my son "even Frank Large couldn't have done that". He had a rather blank look on his face.

18. GeraScores

And to take the biscuit, C58, he was offside if he'd knocked it in anyway. Still Bidley's title for this thread remains apt.

COYW

19. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Ah, you got there before me. I've just made that observation on the other thread. Sorry - didn't know you'd already made it here.

20. FFC_Madness

The header seemed goalbound, thus the reaction from Senderos who couldn't believe his luck. Also his relief that he was not to blame for this!!! LOL