1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lawro's Weekly Bollocks 2013/14

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Bidley, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Because of a family commitment I'm going to miss a home match for the first time in an awful long while. Probably means the team will play there socks off and have an epic win.

Hope so anyway.

COYW

2. GeraScores

GeraScores Well-Known Member

Reading this week's LWB, it seems that he hardly could be bothered to say anything (and little about NUFC).
    Still, its better that he predicts a draw, maybe we might surprise him.
    Lots of candidates for last on MOTD today.
    Off to The Cottage shortly, so.....
    C O Y W !

3. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

We'll done, agent Cottager. Can you find eight more family commitments between now and the end of May?

4. Cottager58

Actually made it to the game Captain - thanks to a clear road from Oxford and promises of doing many household chores (soon..honest!!) if we didn't stay there for lunch.

The karma was probably that I had to dash to the ground in mufti, sans the usual Fulham scarf and other assorted memorabilia ie my 'Piazza Hut" shirt (no, no that last bit's a fib. I don't own one of those ..honest!)

5. GeraScores

Phew - At least he has us down for an expected 3-0 defeat....

"Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany will miss the game because of his sending-off against Hull last weekend, although they won that game 2-0. City have had their warning, they slipped up a little bit in the last couple of weeks to Barcelona and Wigan. Last weekend was arguably one of their better performances because they had their captain sent off, had lost their last couple of games, confidence might have been a bit low and it was a hard place to go, so that was a really good result. This game will be back to the old ways at the start of the season for Man City.

Manchester City are a better team this season than they were under Roberto Mancini. They're a better club and there's a better atmosphere in the dressing room. I think they're slightly more favourites for the Premier League title than Chelsea. It'll be close but I think City will win it.

This year Fulham have been a perfect example of how not to run a football club. They're on manager number three. Again it's this thing about bringing in a foreign manager to the club trying to avoid relegation. It's so, so difficult. You could be the best manager in the world but it takes time to know the players and the league.

I think they should have kept Martin Jol. Have Rene Meulensteen and Felix Magath done any better than Jol? Absolutely not. Fulham are down even with last weekend's win over Newcastle.

Lawro's prediction: 3-0"

So COYW!

6. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

That's the team talk done then. Just show them Lawro's prediction on your iPad, Felix.

7. Cravingawin

Cravingawin Well-Known Member

shows he knows sweet fa about football. Jol would have had us relegated for sure. As our current manager says
    “You always have a chance, even in such difficult games as Man City.” Wigan proved that!

8. Fred's Cultured Left Foot

I think this is good news for us. I have been worried that this year we were Lawro's QPR - i.e. constantly predicting us to do better than we actually do then being surprised when we are relegated. So now he thinks we are doomed, we are sure to stay up! I see this, the win against Newcastle and my boys winning the Cottage Cup as sure signs that Felix will work the great escape 2!

9. Cravingawin

Cravingawin Well-Known Member

da da......da daa da da da......da da da da dah da da da da.......I bet you humming the tune aren't you! Oh the irony of having a German manager.

10. Fred's Cultured Left Foot

The irony had not escaped me. Seemed quite appropiate I thought. Nothing like having a man on the inside.

11. GeraScores

I think that counts as Irony!

COYW!

12. GeraScores

Such a joyous read this week.....
    "I think Fulham are down. I was at the game against Manchester City, which they lost 5-0. They were competitive and had a game plan, but it was only going to last until City scored. They contributed to their own downfall and collapsed after the opener. The problem with Felix Magath is he's not been able to change any players in or out. And that's cost them dearly. A win might give them renewed hope, but not enough to stay up. They've re-signed Mahamadou Diarra - he might be good for them, but they need a lot, lot more. Everton are on a very good run. They can sniff the fact Arsenal are dropping points, and still have to face them at home. They're playing well again. Four straight wins in the Premier League - why not go to Fulham and make it five? Lots of other teams have gone there and won. Fulham are conceding goals like there's no tomorrow. Everton definitely have a chance of finishing fourth, no doubt about it. Arsenal have some tough fixtures and have injury problems.
    Lawro's prediction: 1-2"

Ah well, at least he didn't give us a chance, but says we could score one goal. The upside of Sunday is that we don't have to listen to him on Saturday MOTD.

COYW!

13. FFC_Madness

FFC_Madness Well-Known Member

The guy is a muppet... when you think he is changing then he goes and talks about Man City vs. Fulham as a case! They past 3 easily against Man Utd, 6 against Arsenal and so on!

We are not down until mathematically done! Till then he can ---- off (you can fill the blanks).

14. GeraScores

Usual LWB..... So we have a chance......

"After beating Chelsea, Aston Villa have caved in with two successive 4-1 defeats against Stoke and Manchester United, and it feels a bit like they are back to square one. Fulham have got bigger problems, however. They were very competitive for long spells against Everton last weekend and shaded the first half in terms of chances. But then the Cottagers just collapsed in the second half, something which has really been the story of their season. Felix Magath is picking players from Fulham's highly-rated Under-21 squad, and there are some positives to that. The youngsters who have made the step up have all done alright too. But, although the experience will do them a lot of good and will speed up their development, they are not going to keep the club in the Premier League. For a few of them, the future looks bright, but it is the present that Fulham have got to worry about. Lawro's prediction:2-0"

So COYW !!!!!

15. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

Don't win anything with kids.

But seriously, does the media think we are holding back any talented older players? Injuries and poor attitude is why those gaps for the young guys have appeared.

That said, this is a very tough and very important game for us. Not holding out much hope, but some points at Villa Park would be very useful indeed. 2 points is much easier to bridge than 5, or 8...

16. Fulhaman

My boss is a Villa fan and he is convinced we are going to turn them over.

We went to the Cottage last season and he sat very quietly in the Riverside as Baird went and scored. He often remarks that we were fortunate to play them before Benteke had really found his feet in the Premier, which is true really, and now he'll be missing this time, so good news all round.

17. Cottager58

It is potentially good for us but what a horrible injury. Feel for him what with the World Cup and everything.

Apparently Agbonlahor could be missing as well and they're going to revert to the ex-Norwich oldie - can't remember his name, the one that's useful with his head and built like the proverbial brick house.

18. Fulhaman

19. Cottager58

That's the man. Hopefully our keeper and the CBs are on the ball in the air if he does start.

20. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

I have serious concerns about Lawro's prediction for Norwich next week.