1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Latics V Canaries

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by JM Fan, Feb 7, 2017.

1. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

<doh>

2. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

Well, good to see us back to normal.

Feel sorry for the supporters who traveled there.

3. mike555

mike555 Well-Known Member

Hardly a cock up ! Funny how some people think that the bottom teams are just going to roll over and gift us the 3 points. To throw the towel in after a point gained at a struggling side who are fighting for survival, is irrational imo. I still believe we have a good chance of making the playoffs if we maintain our level of performance shown during the last 4 or 5 games. However. if we drop points against Forest on Saturday, then it will start to look like an uphill battle again.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    RiverEndRick, canary-dave and JM Fan like this.
  4. Forgot_My_Lines

So it's alright to drop points against struggling Wigan. But heaven forfend we drop points against struggling Forest! I see.

5. Hairy Mary Quite Canary

Hairy Mary Quite Canary Well-Known Member

Don't talk squit bor

6. mike555

mike555 Well-Known Member

Not even remotely what I suggested but I guess you just felt compelled to post the first thing that entered your mind.

DUNCAN DONUTS likes this.
  7. Forgot_My_Lines

Ooooooooooooooooh!!

Grumpy pants!

8. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

So, we'd a disallowed goal and the Latics' keeper makes a save with his leg. <doh> Perhaps someone who was at the 'beamback' could comment.
    OK, we conceded two soft goals - as usual, with the defence 'switching off'!!!!. I can't remember the last time we conceded a goal that was down to our opponents skill and I know it must be so frustrating for AN.
    I'm hoping we'll see a similar starting 11 on Saturday, apart from the reinstatement of Wes, or he may use him as an 'impact sub'.
    Which ever league we're in next season, I'm hoping we'll see the last of Bassong, Whittaker, Turner and get some younger replacements who want to fight for their place.

canary-dave likes this.
  9. K E M P

K E M P Well-Known Member

Christ,

Doom and gloom on here this morning.

We didn't lose, that's good and Dijks scored a goal from a set piece. Something that we have struggled with all season.

I take the positives more than the negatives. We are still within easy reach of the playoffs and our unbeaten run continues. there has been a change in attitude where the players now believe we can win every game instead of trying not to lose them. This in itself is a good thing.

If we can take the frustration of the draw and bounce back again to registering victories then I am confident we will come good at the end of the season.

I also hope that we can start scoring goals from corners and set pieces more. OTBC!

RiverEndRick and JM Fan like this.
  10. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

It was a frustrating result. Not a disaster if taken in isolation or in light of the last 3 wins. But It sounds like we should have put them out of sight in the first half and that we dominated pretty much throughout. So yes to me after two sleepy defensive moments it is two points lost. I know there are no easy games in any division, but WIgan who have struggled to score through out the campaign is one that we should have won. That is if we are really good enough to get promoted. Am I happy with a point? No, if we can't be confident after three wins and beat a team second bottom having pinched one of their best players, then who might we think we can/should beat?
    For me it turns Forest into a must win and Newcastle into a sack/him back him for me. I'm not talking sack him straight away necessarily, I just can't see that happening before the summer. But if we fail to beat them on our patch to me it will be another example on a growing list of why he simply isn't up to the job. Course we might win against both Forest and Newcs and then I may well be back on the fence. Do I think we can win those two? Not really, Forest yes, I just don't see us beating the top teams.

Bah!

JM Fan likes this.

11. DUNCAN DONUTS

Ruddy is a massive liability the free kick just ghosted past his right knee in slow motion.
    Positives = Dijks scored Aloevera scored again we played well for spells didn't give up.
    Negatives = We are expected to beat the bottom sides because everyone clearly already has , we can't defend set pieces STILL Ruddy is not good enough and we are running out of time to put these things right.

12. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Agree with this and the previous posts by Mike555 and JMF. Some people seem to forget that this is a game of football and that two teams play. Yes, we dominated the first half but Wigan defended in depth and kept us out after the first goal. The second half started fairly evenly and then they raised their game for 20 minutes and managed to score twice. I haven't seen the goals yet so can't judge how 'soft' they were, but I was pleased that we fought back the way we did and equalised. I followed the game on Player and on Whoscored, which rates each player throughout and the ratings were very even in this case, which to me indicates objectively that a draw was a fair result.

As for the positives, these included the performances of Dijks, Pritchard, Oliveira, Howson, Mulumbu and Pinto. As I've said before, Dijks is looking like a very good signing, if only on loan, but there doesn't seem any lack of commitment because of that. People had been crying out for us to play two strikers and we did, producing 2 goals but conceding 2 as well. A disappointing result perhaps, but not a disaster.

13. DUNCAN DONUTS

14. Forgot_My_Lines

Dijks getting a goal on his second appearance was a big positive!

15. DUNCAN DONUTS

He looks like some unit and if we fail to go up he will be snapped up by a better side than Norwich

16. Forgot_My_Lines

Lets hope AN doesn't drop him for no reason!

17. DUNCAN DONUTS

He's our only left back so AN is probably planning to play him for 90 mins for every game remaining.

18. Forgot_My_Lines

You are forgetting Whittaker.

19. DUNCAN DONUTS

Or Rusty again <yikes>
    Before we all go creaming our pants thinking a top 6 finish will be a formality remember we have only won one (1) away game since October.

20. Forgot_My_Lines

Stop being all doom and gloom! it's not allowed on here!

We were held at the mighty Wigan! Who have just come up from League 1, we have only just come down from the Premiership with some invisible parachute money. Of course we are playing at the same level! So cheer up!! :emoticon-0148-yes::biggrin:

DUNCAN DONUTS likes this.