1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lambert v McGoldrick

Discussion in 'Nottingham Forest' started by Thornhill_Saints, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Thornhill_Saints

Cost each club the same amount pretty much

Hmmmm I wonder if we got the better deal
    How we got £1m for him beggars belief

I thought mcgoldrick was an absolute waste of a sub for Forest today. Looked thoroughly clueless.
    ......................................................................................
    Was absolute tosh today when he came on and brought back nightmares of his time in the limelight with us. Still can't believe that he was heralded as our next big thing back in those dark days.

We mugged Forest off massively when we offloaded him (plus he's not a nice piece of work either!!!).
    ............................................................................................
    If I was a Forest fan I would have been livid to see Miller taken off for that useless Billy Big Balls
    Fortunately I am not so was delighted to see him come on and do exactly as i predicted, ie - **** all !

Well done Steve, great substitution !
    .......................................................................................
    Just some great snipets from saintswebforum...

love it the useless twat

2. jenthesaint1990

jenthesaint1990 Well-Known Member

actually rickie lambert was 800k up front going to 1mill with add-ons, so he's cheaper than mcgoaldrought.

3. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

I regularly saw McGoldrick playing for the academy [alongside Theo, Nathan, Kenwyne, Alan Lallana and Dexter, for example] and in the reserves. He was dynamite back then and scored 44 goals in one season. So don't put him down like that. Although he doesn't compare to Sir Rickie.

4. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

He was a better prospect than pro.
    The money we got for him was important in timing, but now it seems we got a great deal!
    He'll slip down the leagues after this season.

5. trickytree29

trickytree29 Member

I'm afraid I have to agree with you, ever since we bought him he has been useless. He scores once in a blue moon and brings nothing to our attacking options. How we can lose players like robert earnshaw and keep players like McGoaldrought is beyond me

6. saintsalive

saintsalive Member

Unfortunately for Forest, you are spot on tricky.
    McGoldrick is not fit to lace Earnshaw,s boots. Mark my words, he will get goals at Cardiff. I am not hopeful that McClaren will do anything for you, but as a club you are falling into the trap that we fell into under the useless Rupert Lowe as we slipped down the leagues. We football fans see it all to often - keep changing the manager & you start to fall apart

7. trickytree29

trickytree29 Member

Your not wrong saintsalive, I'm all for giving a new manager a chance but I can't see McClaren doing the job for us. He claims he is not under pressure, if we lose against Derby on saturday then I think his position will become untennable

8. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

He'll slip down the leagues after this season.

_____________________________________-

Blimey....that was quick!

9. saintsalive

saintsalive Member

Hi tricky,
    See on sky sports that McGoldrick has gone on loan to Sheffield Wednesay on loan. If you are very lucky, he might stay there!
    You need better players than him to make an impact. When he came on at Southampton he didn,t look as though he knew which way he was kicking!
    You are a verey good club that deserves better than you are getting at the moment, so good luck this weekend.
    PS Any news on Dexter Blackstock,s recovering. A good player we should not have sold & a nice guy from a great family