1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lack of Burnley Fans on here.

Discussion in 'Burnley' started by jbclaret83, Oct 29, 2012.

1. jbclaret83

jbclaret83 Member

Ive decided to back on here after a few months due to other commitments i.e work as i miss the feel for good Burnley footballing debate i used to have on the old BBC 606 forums. Now there does not seem to be too many Clarets fans on here as yet so far. I know Claret Tatt is on here amonst others but wheres my old 606 buddies like Florida, and WES and one or two others with whom i spent many happy hours a day having banter and debate. So common Clarets fans lets swell the BFC forums on here!

2. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think that some of the problem jb is that when BBC606 pulled out there were a whole raft of new sites set up, all trying to get their share of the posters. The effect was people spread thier views all over the place and no one site seemed to be a direct replacement.

While I am here I must say that if you have Sean Dyche as your new manager you will have a good, honest, hard working man at the helm. He did well at Watford taking a bunch of journey men players, plus a few good loans to a very respectable place in the Championship. It did take a while for it to all gel, but then the results started to come. Hope he does well, he deserves it.

3. jbclaret83

jbclaret83 Member

I think the more i read up and you Watford fans who know your football and are very fair-minded people have told me about SD and the highest respect you have for him, the more i warm to him being Burnleys new manager. I felt your new owners jumped the gun sacking him because i thought if given the time he would have got you into the play - offs, what do you think of Zola is he the man that can carry on the foundations left by SD. I like Watford good little Club with great fans best of luck for rest of the season.

4. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Shame really that we should discuss Watford when I could talk about a Burnley player that I remember from the late 50s early 60s, Ray Pointer. Great goal scorer for you and an exciting player to watch.

I think and hope that Zola will be good for us given time, but he is not really building on foundations, they were dug up for something that has been described as a 'project'. The new owners have done something similar in Spain, and it remains to be seen if they can do it again in the Championship. They have however given us financial security, something we didn't have with the previous clown.

5. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Good luck with SD, he'll serve you dilligently, honestly and I, for one, wish him the best.

6. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Taken from the local Watford newspaper:

Burnley have confirmed the appointment of former Watford boss Sean Dyche as the club's new manager.

Dyche, who was sacked by Watford in the summer, has signed a two-and-a-half year contract at Turf Moor and his assistant manager at Vicarage Road, Ian Woan, and coach Tony Loughlan have also joined Burnley.

The former centre half was appointed Hornets manager last summer after rejecting the chance to follow Malky Mackay to Cardiff City. Despite Danny Graham, Will Buckley and Don Cowie moving on - with Marvin Sordell also sold in January - Watford recovered from a slow start to the campaign to finish 11th in the Championship, their highest position for four seasons.

Dyche spent eight of the last ten years at Watford as a player, youth team coach, assistant manager and then manager.

His former clubs were Chesterfield, Bristol City, Millwall, Watford and Northampton Town.

7. Tewkesbury Addick

Tewkesbury Addick Active Member

Agree 100%. <ok>

Burnley fans always welcome on the Charlton board, JB (and Hornets, of course, Mexican) but old french horn is right about what happened when 606 went down - some clubs' fans barely post on here. I think a lot went to their own single club sites - we've got Charlton Life, but I prefer to exchange views with fans of other clubs as well as debate internally.

Interesting season we're all having in this division, this one's gonna be close...

8. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

Well that's been a roaring success mate :(

9. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

:)

10. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Crikey, this is a yawnfest on here. With your team going so well thought there might of been some interesting posts going on but apparently not.

11. Tamerlo

Tamerlo Well-Known Member

You're quite right, nzfoxfan, so let's redress the balance a little.....

Burnley certainly had the run of the ball against Derby, but nonetheless they are now five points clear of the third club- and deservedly so in many ways.
    If they can maintain their form for the next six or seven games, then the automatic promotion spot will be theirs.
    What's worrying is that, if they do have another crack at the Premier League, can they survive next time round?
    How will Sean Dyche build on Championship success and, more important, how will he attract good players to the club, especially given the relatively low wages Burnley offer- albeit so sensible up to now in order to balance the books?
    What do other members think?

12. THE FOXES 1884

THE FOXES 1884 Well-Known Member

Yeah abit dead ain´t it.

The reason I came on here is to wish you all the best for the rest of the season & to say I really, really hope you get 2nd spot.

13. jbclaret83

jbclaret83 Member

Yeah hope Leicester win the league now taking the dreadful refereeing out of the picture you took full advantage of us not having our best players and us having a real off day I thought when Vokes got injured i thought Dyche should have brought on Wallace what possesed him to bring on Edgar god knows but your supporters were great too i hope we can hold off QPR and get 2nd place. UTC!

14. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Like 1884 I hope you get second. Injuries are coming thick and fast and it would be a shame to get caught now because of them. Clearly you have been superior over the season to all other sides us apart. A decent gap with not many games left should see you right.

15. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

rep