1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Kirke signs new Rhinos deal

Discussion in 'Super League' started by Not606 News Team, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Not606 News Team

Leeds forward Ian Kirke has signed a new two-year deal keeping him at the club until the end of the 2013 season.

The 30-year-old has been at the club for five years since joining from York. He has made 136 appearances for the club, including playing in all three Grand Final victories from 2007 to 2009.

The former second-rower has been successfully converted to prop by coach Brian McDermott this season.

McDermott said: "I am really pleased that Ian has agreed a new contract with the club. He is very consistent in what he delivers for the team on a weekly basis.

"He has still got many good years ahead of him and I have enjoyed watching his transformation into a prop during this season and I am sure there is more to come from Ian."

And Kirke revealed he was pleased to have the security of a new deal so that he can focus on his game.

He said: "I am pleased to have agreed the new deal. It wasn't something that was really weighing on my mind but it means that I can concentrate on my rugby for the next two years and have the security for aspects of my life outside of the game.

"I feel I have been more consistent this year and the move to the front row is something I am enjoying."