1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Khazri off

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Teessidemackem, May 25, 2017.

1. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

Cant say i blame him......

Sunderland winger Wahbi Khazri admits he doesn't expect to stay on Wearside this summer following relegation to the Championship.The 26-year-old barely featured under former boss David Moyes, with the former Bordeaux wideman making 21 appearances last season with 14 of those from the bench.

With Sunderland set to cash in on some of their biggest assets this summer as they look to soften the financial blow of relegation to the second tier, Khazri is among those set to leave.

Striker Jermain Defoe is on the verge of completing a move to Bournemouth as a free agent, while there will also be strong interest in Jordan Pickford, Lamine Kone and Fabio Borini.

Khazri was a key player under Sam Allardyce in the 2015-16 great escape campaign having arrived in January 2016 from Bordeaux but fell out of favour when Moyes took charge last summer.

The Scot resigned on Monday in the wake of the club's relegation to the second tier for the first time in a decade but Khazri's future still seemingly lies away from Wearside.

Speaking to the French media, Khazri admitted he didn't see himself staying at the club.

Khazri told L'Equipe: "After six very good first months, Sunderland changed coach and I have not played much. Before he left, Moyes clearly told me I could leave.

"I do not see myself staying, I do not want to play in the Championship.

"I have three years left, and my transfer would make everyone happy."

Khazri, who has not yet had any contact from top flight French clubs over a return to France, admitted the 2016-17 campaign had been challenging given his lack of game time.

He added: "I was also not used to it. On the other hand, it hardened me.

"Having played little for a year allows me to be physically and mentally well.

"It's just football, and when you see what's going on in the world right now, I think there are more serious things in life."

When pressed on whether he would be willing to return to France, Khazri added: "Do they want me? I think I left a good image. But for now, I have had no contact from Ligue 1.

"I do not close any doors, but I love England, its atmosphere, its full stadiums, its beautiful lawns and its mentality - it is different from ours."

Khazri says he is "hungry" for regular football and Marseille are among the clubs to have been linked with a move but he insists nothing is in the pipeline.

On Marseille, he added: "It's a great club, with a great stadium and great supporters.

"I would have the right and duty to listen to the OM proposal, as I had done for Bordeaux. But it's not in the pipes today.

"I have to be patient, but I'm hungry for football."

2. BIG BAZ

BIG BAZ Well-Known Member

If nobody pays up you not going no where son <ok>

3. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

Will he stop now that Moyes has gone ?

4. DAPARKERSAFC

DAPARKERSAFC Well-Known Member

Don't blame him just hope we get a decent fee.

Marseille are cash rich and are desperately trying to make ground on PSG Monaco Nice and Lyon, they'd be our best bets

5. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

Couldn't get into the team that finished bottom of the premier league and looked an absolute bag of **** throughout the season...

I don't think anyone will want to pay any more than 5m, I wouldn't.

6. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

**** him. Bad attitude. Not only Moyes to say it too. He's was dropped from the national team for the same reason. You don't get dropped from your club team and national team in the same season for a bad attitude unless you've got a bad attitude.

Besides, he's been ****, miles behind play chasing shadows running around like a headless chicken drawing silly fouls.

Not bothered in the slightest that he's going. Kone too. Sam has a habit of signing such ****ing ****ers <laugh>

mackemwelder likes this.
  7. jdsafc

jdsafc Well-Known Member

For Sale

Fat Barsturd with a stinking attitude
    Not a team player - refuses to muck in
    Has the ability to change a game on the rare occasion that he can be bothered

Balls to him

mackemwelder and Brian Storm like this.
  8. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

He looked good playing for his country in the ANC, a joy to watch tbh. No wonder he didn't fit in. Having said that I was never really convinced by his attitude and a liability at times, but most wingers are by nature errotic and inconsistent.

9. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Khazri's corners were errotic to me. I won't be sorry to see him go because of his suspect attitude and besides he's one of our more saleable assets despite not playing much.

clockstander likes this.
  10. LAMackem

LAMackem Well-Known Member

Would have been interesting if Big Sam had stayed how his season would have gone....the lad seems talented but we are a team that cannot carry any passengers if hes not putting a full shift in. Seen him at the Boro game second one in and he looked as fat as me. Surprising really because when he did come back from the African Nations Big Sam was still on board. Would have liked to have heard that conversation when he seen him. Never forget his Chelsea goal but if we can make a few quid out of him now for that memory I'm on board.....

11. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Mate there about a billion things I would have liked have seen pan out under Sam. <laugh>

Sam has a track record of signing arseholes. Some he transforms while others have cost his clubs a lot of money. So it's an area I'd have loved to have seen run it's course. Especially Kone who looks a right lump of poison

LAMackem likes this.
  12. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

You must be gutted to see him go then <whistle>

13. Deletion Requested1

Deletion Requested1 Well-Known Member

Beat me to it <laugh>

14. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I beat you both to it if you read Clockstander's post back haha.

15. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

Bugger! Didn't see that one <laugh>

Nacho likes this.
  16. RedNWhite4Life

RedNWhite4Life Well-Known Member

Love the quote I don't want to play in the championship.

Well ****er no prem team is gonna take you. If your lucky you will go back to France where you have 2 good teams. 2 or 3 average teams and 15 or 16 championship standard teams. And guess what you fat **** you woukd only be going to one of those championship standard teams.

17. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

Good riddance. Clearly got a ****e attitude.

Still should have played more than Januzaj this season though.

LAMackem likes this.
  18. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

May have looked an absolute bag of sh*te but was still way way way better than that use;ess c*nt Januzai.

19. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Moyes knew best.<laugh>.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  20. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

He will get a move, get fit, get happy, impress everyone for 6 months and then slip into old routines. Just one of those players. Talented but unprofessional. Loads of them about. He's basically a lesser Ben Arfa.