1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Kevin Youkilis signs with the Yankees

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Cove, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Cove

Cove Well-Known Member

Kevin Youkilis sings a one year contract with the Yankees. The former Red Sox and White Sox player will act as third baseman to replace Alex Rodriguez who will undergo surgery in January. An estimated 12 million dollars will be the paycheck for the Yankees on this one-year deal.

I don't know about you guys but I was stunned yesterday when I read this. What in the world are the Yankees doing?
    First Ichiro, now Youkilis, it's now exactly a team you can build on for the coming five years, they must have the oldest team in the MLB right now:undecided:

2. Leo59

Leo59 Member

Very curious move. Especially because he's - well. Kevin Youkilis. This is not a smart move by New York. There are better options & I wonder if they are using him as something other than a starting 3rd baseman. 12 mil is a lot. I also find it extremely odd that he would go to New York. This is the equivalent of someone going from Liverpool to Man U.

While I don't know him personally, I have spoken to him many times with my days with the Rays. He absolutely LOVED the Red Sox. He played in to the Yankee-Red Sox rivalry. He loved to be hated by Yankee fans and he hated the Yankees as well. This has to be purely a financial move on his part.

3. yanbi07

yanbi07 New Member

He spent parts of nine seasons in Boston and is a lifetime .283 hitter. He's averaged 23 home runs and 96 RBI per season in his career, but hit 19 home runs with 60 RBI in 2012, when he clashed with Red Sox manager Bobby Valentine before a June 24 trade to the Chicago White Sox.

4. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

Purely financial? Really? Erm, obviously. Hope he misfires badly and the Evil Empire shoot blanks again.