1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

kevin phillips

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by leetrunds10, Jun 1, 2011.

1. leetrunds10

leetrunds10 Member

With borini leaving i think that philiips might be the ideal person to replace him !!
    he is just like a older version of him without the pace
    phillips's movement and awareness is ideal and can score goals whatever level just like borini !and he is out of contract so would be cheap , what do you think ?

2. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

Not good enough IMO. You can't teach an old dog new tricks and I couldn't see him fitting into our system. Would prefer a youngster if possible ;)

3. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

To be honest, I can't see Rodgers going for KP, he's 37 surely he'll be hanging up his boots any moment now!....
    please log in to view this image

4. leetrunds10

leetrunds10 Member

i would love a youngster too and with rodgers he could proberly pick out a future striker from anywhere but with phillips coming on as a replacement in the 75th minute with the swans looking for a winner he could be the man to score it and his experiance would be invaluable !

5. jackofdreambeach

Surprised no-ones mentioned Simon Cox. Worked with Brendan before and looks a little down the order at Baggies

6. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

Here´s one from left field... Ched Evans? Welsh, so he´d probably benefit by playing in Wales as far as the national team goes, and he´s got pace, power and technique. He´s never really had a shot in a footballing side, and he´d be available on the cheap...

7. FatalException

FatalException New Member

Nothing wrong with Kevin Phillips at all. He's a player of proven Premiership quality and this club hasn't even played a game in the league yet and we already have people saying he's not good enough for the club. We need depth in Premier League and Phillips would be great for that. The 4 or 5 goals he scores in a season (hopefully more!) could be the difference between one and three points.

8. The Union Jack - RIP Bessian

I'm not so sure about Ched Evans, I don't really think he's shown enough to prove he would help us in the EPL. I think someone like Suarez would fit in nicely to our squad, but do you think he'd get game time ahead of Beattie?!?

9. JackLifeLynch

JackLifeLynch Member

I think Phillips would be a great super sub, especially as we don't have a proven striker for us so we might even need 2. Simon cox might be great for us but we can also look into victor obinna who can play forward as well as the wing as a backup for our wingers as we don't really have any. Only trouble could be wages, let's just let the chief work his magic with the youngsters I bet he's seen tons who would slot straight in !