1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Kevin Doyle to Arsenal???

Discussion in 'Wolves' started by hedgeworth, Jul 4, 2011.

1. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

The news in some of the lesser tabloids seem to be hinting at Doyle going to Arsenal.

Now, i am a big Doyle fan and he has done a great job at Wolves, but can anyone see this actually happening?. The figure being branded about is 12million.

2. Neilynotquite

Neilynotquite Member

It's a fact of life that if there is enough money on the table everyone is for sale, and even a level headed guy like Doyle would be tempted by a move to a top 6 club; chance of silverware, European football, not to mention increased wages. So if there is any truth in it, it could happen. Morgan and Moxey might hold out for a couple of extra million, but in the end he would be sold.
    On the other hand, perhaps I'm kidding myself, but I just don't see Doyle as an Arsenal type player. Arsenal tend to get a lot of posession, but are a bit shot-shy. Do they really need a player whose strength is feeding off scraps, but who even his biggest fans acknowledge that he's not exactly full of goals. I hope it's the tabloids struggling for news on a slow day.

3. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

aye - i agree, i can't believe Doyle is a player Arsenal would be interested in.

4. evergold

evergold New Member

I can easily believe Doyle could be of interest to Wenger. It is well known that Arsenal are seeking an out-and-out, clinical striker to finish off their often-superb approach play and it could easily be that Wenger sees Doyle as the man to feed such a striker, whilst contributing perhaps around 10 goals a season himself also.

I think much will depend upon Arsenal's success in finding and attracting to the club a main striker and this, in turn, may depend upon Wenger moving on a couple of players to free up some funds. Should this happen, Wolves' fans should brace themselves for a decent offer for Doyle, who has proved his ability in the Premiership to play this type of role.

5. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

NOPE. Not good enough for the Gunners.

6. Neilynotquite

Neilynotquite Member

It's not a case of not being good enough. Just not a good fit for Arsenal's style of play.