1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Kenneth Zohore

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Hilts24, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

What a transformation!

A big powerful pacy striker who can score goals. I laughed when Warnock said hed saved him £1.5m. Yesterday Warnock was asked about this and he said I think hes worth a bit more than that now.

There is the problem - offers will come in. Will we be able to hold on to Ken.? Hes got a contract but he wont be on big money. His head could easily be turned. Gestede has gone now twice for £6m. Ken is miles better than him.

We need to get Harris signed up as well.

Hold on to our best players and bring in 3 quality players and we can challenge for the top 2.

2. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

His 2nd goal was exceptional but for me where he's improved is his ball control, link up play and passing. His near assists for Noone & John were superb.

If he can add heading ability in the area then he's worth, well if Scott Hogan went for 12m, a small fortune.

3. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

We need Colin to get in his ear and get him a (slightly) improved contract. He's already told him if he'd managed him 5 years ago he'd be a world beater.

Lets hope a sales job can be done on him and he realises he's better off playing under Warnock than taking more money elsewhere. If he gets up to the playoffs next year, he'll either be with us in the premier league or his stock will have risen even further and we can cash in.

Hoillet has already said he'll be signing a contract for next yearm so need to get Kadeem to put ink on paper.

I'm hoping Colin already has a few aces up his sleeve for summer signings without breaking the bank. Don't think we'll have any 'gravy train' merchants while he is in charge.

I see a couple youngsters signed their first professional contracts with us last week. Would be nice to see one or two in the match day squads next year.

4. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I was wondering that last night. He may not be the complete answer for nest season but he certainly seems part of it.

Vital any suitors are shown the door and left in no uncertainty that he's not for sale.

5. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

The problem is Kens agent will know he will be worth a lot more than he is currently on.

Im sure he will be pushing for a vastly improved contract as will Kadeem Harris.

6. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Well they'll be worth it as they are right now compared to where they were a year ago.

I can't see the Lambert and Manga sort of money being splashed again, but Zohore and Harris have got a damn good case for a significant boost.

7. Ccfc4ever

Ccfc4ever Well-Known Member

What a player! by far our player of the season and i can't imagine myself saying that a year ago

8. hampshire Blue

hampshire Blue Active Member

All I ask is that in this money grabbing industry we grab the full value for Zohore rather than the peanuts we reportedly got for Ross and Rudy.

Obviously I would rather he stayed with us and fires the goals to get us promoted. I can dream.

9. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Big big error not keeping onto Gestade knowing we were going to drop down to the championship.

McCormack was a completely different situation; he was a physical wreck and needed a move away.

DaiJones likes this.
  10. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Looks like Warnock is the manager to get the best from him a bit like Jones & Bothroyd.

I've been surprised by his pace since he game back into the team.

11. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

He has to get up to speed but once he is he's rapid. Him and Kadeem in the side finally give us a bit of threat when there's space to exploit.

The weird thing is the rest of the Championship seems to think he's not that quick as teams are still pushing up and leaving huge amounts of space in behind them.

12. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

The "one for the future" signed in the window, Ibrahim Meite, is supposed to be a bit of a speed merchant as well. As long as he remembers to take the ball with him!!!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  13. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

Genuinely cannot BELIEVE we are all talking about the same striker as we were at the beginning of the season. Zero Ken becomes Hero Ken and it's bloody brilliant to have egg on my face.

14. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

I am disappointed in the Big Z, he only netted twice at the weekend and I had him down for 3. :D
    From what I have seen of him, he's got a lot of pace and an eye for goal. He's still young and has time on his hands. NW seems to have tapped into his head and we're starting to see the player who had so much promise when he was younger. As a youngster, he was 16 when he made his Champions League debut, he had trials at Chelsea and Inter, so he must have some talent. Maybe it took him time to settle in Wales and now he's more comfortable with his surroundings and has a good support network. I certainly hope so and long may his goals be for the bluebirds. :)

15. Stevoldinho

All those are good points but the main difference is simple imo. He's in the team, same as Harris.

They've both been restricted to bit part roles before this. Getting dropped after 20 average minutes as a sub.
    I've always said on here that Zohore was getting chances every time he got on the pitch and that was very promising. All he needed was a bit of faith and run in the side. He knows 2 things now.
    1 - he's good enough for the Championship and can cause serious trouble for defences at this level.
    2 - His manager believes in him. <ok>

If he finishes the season the way he's playing now he's a £10-12m player in the summer. The problem is desperate relegated PL sides will be willing to pay that and can anyone honestly say they believe we'd turn that down?

16. BluefromBridgend

Right in many respects Stevo although I think he would need to do it for another season before he would command that amount. I think half of that this summer if he reaches 12/14 goals for the season. His contract runs until June 2019.

I hope we would resist a bid of that amount but if it went to £10/12m then that would be hard to turn down especially if Colin got a commitment for 80%+ of the amount to be ploughed back into the team. Colin will always look at the bigger picture and have to consider FFP. Wonder if he has a sell on clause with Kortrijk or if VT has some other sort of arrangement up his sleeve?

If he keeps on scoring then the Danish International side will be looking hard. He's played up to Under 21 level and has a good scoring record through the younger Danish sides, 25 goals in 57 games.

Ironic isn't it, while still relatively early days, we paid nothing for him (okay via a VT connected club) and he is doing so well now. We paid £8m for Cornelius and after playing for us 8 times carried on paying his salary while sending him back to Denmark. Need I say more.........

ccfcremotesupport likes this.
  17. Ccfc4ever

Ccfc4ever Well-Known Member

Honestly? I can see us turning that down with the hope of getting more after promotion or using him in the prem, far more money to be made long term by keeping him and getting promoted than selling him now and remaining in the championship

18. Stevoldinho

I'm sure that would be Warnock's stand on it (unless he was promised all the funds from the sale), but imo the money men at the club would be eyeing selling and buying a cheap replacement however short sighted that might turn out to be.

BFB - Whilst a £10m + valuation sounds high look at what he is.
    He's huge, strong, quick, hard working and intelligent in his movement. He's scoring goals and some of the finishes prove there's no fluke in that.
    He's causing defences no end of grief playing up front on his own. He looks like he'll fit in the PL one day and his physical attributes mean he'll be fine at the highest level when (not if) he gets there. With the sums Championship strikers have been fetching recently he'll be worth every penny of £10m by the summer. If he keeps playing the way he currently is he might well go straight to the PL this summer. I think that would be a mistake and he'll benefit a lot more from another full year playing every week in the Championship though.

I obviously hope we keep him and the rest of football doesn't rate him as highly as I do, but if he keeps averaging anywhere near a a goal a game there'll be plenty paying attention by June.

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  19. BluefromBridgend

Still heads a ball like a girl though. :emoticon-0136-giggl

20. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

I thought you were going to say Macheda.......<laugh>

Stevoldinho and BluefromBridgend like this.