1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Just back from the match

Discussion in 'Stoke City' started by koskikabow, May 15, 2016.

1. koskikabow

koskikabow Active Member

and although I nearly, not quite, dozed off in the first half, the lads got stuck in after the break. I think maybe a draw would have been a fairer result on the balance of play. It looks as if Arnie wants to leave us, shame if he goes. Charlie came close to repeating his success at Chelski. Given made a point blank save after being left on his own by a faltering defence. Ref. was hmmm
    Roll on next season when we simply have to have a stronger squad, or suffer we will for sure, if we do not.
    What I mean is the present squad would not achieve a top half position next season. Come on Coatsies spend the money !
    The results since Jack got injured show just how important he is to the team, without him we have performed at relegation form. He well deserves the recognition at international level as well as easily being our player of the season. :emoticon-0105-wink: Happy holiday Stokies.

2. jowlermonkey

jowlermonkey Well-Known Member

Cheers KKB,
    I would prefer for Arnie to stay as we need to clear other older players out and beef up the defence.

3. ricc full

ricc full Well-Known Member

If Arnie goes we are in massive trouble on recent form and Arnie looks one of the very few players who can create anything. I thought we were terrible again on Saturday and after 52 mins we had had one shot at goal of which was off target. It got slightly better after but lets not let the scoreline fool us we were woeful. I'm glad this season is done. Hughes needs to sign defenders and quick.