1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Just a question

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Fulhaman, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

Not Fulham related but, seeing as we don't have a match to speculate about this weekend, I'm interested in people's opinions.

I see Mourinho is talking about coming back to English football, he described it as his "natural environment". Just wondering what you thought of Mourinho?

Personally, I like him. He loves himself to be sure, but that confidence seems to be backed up with genuine know how. Chelsea haven't been the same since he left to my mind and he certainly knows how to win - both in europe and domestically no matter where he goes and manages. I mean, one home loss in 9 years says something about the way you set your teams up. He also has a way of transmitting his own self-belief to the players. If he was Fulham's manager (which I am quite confident he won't ever be) I'd be delighted.

So, leaving aside the fact he managed Chelsea and might very well end up at United, what do you guys think of him?

2. GeraScores

GeraScores Well-Known Member

Always liked him (even at Chelsea). Absolutely cracking manager with real presence, and the only one to match SAF.

Never happen, but if he ever came to Fulham, it would be sell-out every home match and even boost our away support.

3. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

Interesting question Fulhaman.

I never used to like him as he is so full of himself, but I have to admit he has got something. To take a team like Porto to the Champions League and win it is like SAF taking Aberdeen to the Cup Winners Cup Final and winning it. He's a proven good Manager.

Could you ever see Mourinho getting on with Al Fayhed !

I have to say I've never been a poster to sites like this but I am now in my daily routine around this time to see what Dempsey's Revenge, GeraScores, Capt Morgan etc etc (mustn't miss out my original internet chum frogman) have to say each day.

4. rocky57

rocky57 Member

"Could you ever see Mourinho getting on with Al Fayhed"

I could you know, FCOYW. It'll never happen anyway.

I like him. He may love himself but he can also laugh at himself as he did a few seasons back, when we were sitting behind the dugouts singing 'sit down Mourinho' & he turned round & gave us that sheepish grin. So much blandness in football, that's why we love the likes of him & Olly.

5. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I'm the same as everyone else, I think. I've always enjoyed Mourinho, even though he made Chelsea win things. I'd be very happy to see him at the Cottage, and I think him and Al Fayed would get on like a house on fire - for a while, anyway. He's a character and I'd love to see him back in England (as long as it's not with Chels!)

6. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

I love Jose. I remember he had a great relationship with Cookie when he was here.

7. dempsey's revenge

dempsey's revenge Active Member

I liked him, too. Think of Chelsea pre-Jose under Claudio Reneiri ... third place team at best. Jose comes in and Chelsea is instantly a better team even before they brought in all the big names. I think England is his natural environment because I think the manager matters more here - why? I don't know, but the manager makes a bigger impact here.

8. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

It must be painful for Real Madrid knowing that despite all of their world class players and millions to spend, they still cannot satisfy Mourinho enough for him to stick around for a while. I can't see him managing Utd somehow, even though their fans would love him too. I think he holds Chelsea too high in regard for him to go and manage their main rivals. I can however see him leaving Madrid and returning to Chelsea if he wins the CL this season and Ancelotti is sacked.