1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jurgen Klopp sack watch

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by King Shergar, Oct 5, 2015.

1. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

The scousers appear to have a deal in place for Jurgen Klopp to be there next manager, I was just wondering how long everyone thinks he'll last?

Il give it about 18 months, I think he'll be sacked towards the end of next season, as he'll get an easy ride this season, as they'll see it as a rebuilding process. But when things still fail to pick up next season I think he'll be shown the door.

He did well at Dortmund but let's not forget the state he left them in in the end, jumping ship when the going got tough.

This is a German manager too, who only has experience in Germany with a German club, so I think it's a big gamble on Liverpool's part to give him the job.

I'm not sure what went on with Ancelotti, wether an approach was made and he turned them down, or wether they opted for Klopp over him. If they did choose Klopp over him, then the board at Liverpool seriously need there heads testing. 3 CLs and titles and cups all across Europe, including a double in England. He literally ticks every single box, so if he has been overlooked then big mistake from them.

It's great for us United fans though that the board at Liverpool are so clueless when it comes to hiring managers, long may it continue :biggrin:

Christiansmith likes this.
  2. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

This.

They will appoint another buffoon, <ok>

3. Paulpowersleftfoot

Paulpowersleftfoot Well-Known Member

You've hardly covered yourselves in glory since rasherchops ****ed off
    Chosen one,now this ****ing mong

4. King Shergar

You mean LVG the guy who's CV reads alot better than your managers :biggrin:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  5. Style

Style 'where is the love'

Didn't expect this thread to catch a City fan!

6. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

This appointment is just waiting for the headline "Klopp flops at the Kop". I'm willing to wager that the Daily Star will be the first to use it should this guy's tenure end prematurely.

Treble and Stan like this.
  7. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

Steal that from the Everton board did ya?

8. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

Haven't been on the Everton board in ages tbf. But that's a coincidence if it's similar to something that was posted on there :p

9. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

We gave Rodgers 3 years ffs, why would we get rid of this fella in 18 months?

Jesus Christ. likes this.
  10. King Shergar

You don't have a Suarez in your squad that'll make Klopp look better than he is. This is what bought Rodgers some time:biggrin:

11. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Fishing like nut Shergar. :emoticon-0173-middl

12. Stan

Stan Stalker

I think he'll do ok for them but not as well as the fans demand (for some reason they still persist with the fantasy that they are a top 4 cub) and he'll get frustrated by the fact that Liverpool's owners and status won't allow him to sign the players he wants. Coutinho moving to Spain next summer will remind him of his summers at Dortmund. After a couple of years bobbing around the Europop places he'll move on to a big club, perhaps Bayern.

One thing to note is that he was relegated with Mainz who are a reasonably big club in Germany. He couldn't get them promoted again, that was left to another manager, and they are now an established top flight club. The Dippers don't rate Martinez as he was relegated with Wigan, who aren't a big club. That won't stop them getting their new Klopp duvet covers though.

King Shergar likes this.
  13. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

2 years is my guess. The problem he will have is crap players to sort out and with little money to spend, it will mean 7th spot will be the best Liverpool can make

14. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I think Klopp is a decent manager but he'll need the rest of this season plus two more to get near to sorting Liverpool's mess out and even then they'll just about make fifth.

Any ideas of top four are gone, they can not complete with United, City, Chelsea and Arsenal regardless of who is in charge, not a chance. The top four ship has long since sailed for them.

Rodgers pissing hundreds of millions up the wall on ****e has doubly ****ed them in the arse.

15. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It will be a big test for their owners - having given Rodgers and Dalglish loads of money to spend and having seen them piss most of it up the wall, will they back Klopp to the same degree. Also how will Klopp handle having a load of money with pressure to spend it?

I don't think the top four ship has necessarily sailed permanently for them, but it will be a long and slow process to get back there consistently. And they will need to be canny with their buying and actually pick out talented players on a consistent basis as they haven't managed to beat a rival to a big signing in a direct fight since....well....can't remember the last time!

16. Christiansmith

Kloppo Kocks it up on Kop

King Shergar likes this.
  17. Christiansmith

Kocky Kloppo on the Kop will be a gamble like every foreign manager who has never managed in England. I see him permanently in the 5th-8th group unless they change their recruitment policy of buying young players with potential. Most of their buys have been flops. In fact, at the prices they bought, even random buys should have yielded fewer flops. Rebuilding !!!

When Rodgers himself talked about the need for long term rebuilding a few weeks ago , his goose was cooked. Why should anyone trust him with long term rebuilding if he himself was responsible for the current mess?

18. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

This is part of my point, they won't start beating rivals to them should Klopp arrive either. There will always be a more attractive proposition for players for a good few years, Klopp as manager hardly has that pull apart from perhaps with some German players.

His job will be as it was at Dortmund, unearth cheaper talent, preferably locally. Not sure how he's supposed to do the second part of that given he's always worked in Germany and Liverpool themselves have failed at that for a long time now.

I don't even think they are automatically first in the pecking order for fifth anymore, they've got Spurs, Everton, Saints and Swansea to contend with for that, plus Palace and West Ham look fairly well set at the moment. It will be a long, long road back.

Our decline was supposed to be terminal remember so the Glazers chucked almost limitless money at it to ensure that wasn't the case. They still will.

Can Liverpool do that? Doubt it.

City, Chelsea and Arsenal are not going anywhere either.

19. King Shergar

I think a lot of Liverpool's problems in the transfer market under Rodgers was actually attracting the big players to sign. They got all the money from Suarez and Sterling, so money wasn't an issue for them as was proven with the way they have spent the last 2 summers.

The problem was that because the top players wouldn't sign they got desperate and took a lot of chances on players who they hoped would turn out good, and very few of them did.

This is why I think not going for Ancelotti was a huge mistake as he has the pulling power to get top players to sign. Every club he has been at the big players in the dressing room couldn't speak higher of him.

Its all well and good having 100 million to spend, but as even we found out it's not always easy to get the deals done, so you can only imagine how hard it was for Liverpool to bring in quality with the money they had.

As Chief says Klopp will have abit of pulling power with some of the German players, especially those he's worked with, though most of the good ones have already been sold to Bayern, so I don't see him attracting the top players like Ancelotti would have :biggrin:

20. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

If he goes to Pool, I reckon he'll be in his job longer than Van Gaal. It's a real coup for them. An 'A' manager for a 'B' club.