1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

JT another year

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by StanDMan, May 13, 2016.

1. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Nah, it's just a bit hard to understand why they would behave like that when the man has such high standing at the club so people (like me) try to look for a reasonable cause.

2. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Was the loan deal for Christensen two years? I've read a few times we're trying to shorten it to one year and send them somebody else instead. I thought we'd only sent him there for one season though....

3. george the blue

george the blue Active Member

Two year deal, of course no one has read the contract here, but by all accounts there is no recall clause-and both brussia monchegladbach and the player want him to stay on-at least for a year.

They have even made noises about signing him full time, and considering thorgan hazard went down that route last season, it should be a real concern for us.

4. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

They might want him permanently but if we want him back earlier than expected one can only assume he's progressed quicker than expected. I'll be highly surprised if he was sold, he might get a second season at BMG but I can't see anymore than that.

5. george the blue

george the blue Active Member

hope so, but with the way we treat young players (and the fact we seemingly let players leave when they want) means he might see a clearer pathway to good gametime over there. The club he's at are cl quality (i bevel they are in the qualifiers next year), and he's a main player over there. At this point even I'd argue as a chelsea fan that it's in his best interest to stay over there full time.
    hopefully he disagrees!