1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Joshua v Klitschko

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Sooperhoop, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Big fight just a day away and I thought I'd see how you think it will go. I reckon Joshua will stop him inside the first six rounds, just too much power and hand speed. Klitschko is 41 now and more a spoiler than a dynamic puncher and I don't think he'll have enough to worry the young buck.

On another point about this fight, This morning I drove a couple of bankers to Wentworth for a meeting and overheard one saying he'd got tickets for the fight to entertain a client who liked boxing but said he hated it and would just have to endure it to 'butter up the client' for a big deal.

How many people would love to have got a ticket in a sell out? Yet these w*nkers get them like confetti. I've heard similar from passengers about rugby and tennis where they just go to be there rather than enjoy it, a bit like the Club Wembley area. Really makes my blood boil, if only I had an ejector seat...

NorwayRanger and QPR999 like this.
  2. sheffordqpr

sheffordqpr Well-Known Member

I think it may be tighter than that. I can actually see this going to points. Joshua SHOULD take out WK before then but Wladimir has been around for long enough to know that he is the more skilled fighter. AJ is still young and does not have the ring craft that WK has. 68 fights to Aj's 18. It will definitely be an interesting fight that could go either way. Whatever happens AJ is a future unified world champ and will reign for some time.

In terms of the tickets, I looked about a month ago and you could get a good seat for around £350. Not too bad IMO. I would have done it but I couldn't convince anyone else I know to go. I do hate the fact that the prawn sandwich brigade get tickets but don't actually want to be there.

3. goldcoast hoop

goldcoast hoop Well-Known Member

4. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Nothing wrong with Club Wembley Soops. Our very own IwasanotherwatfordR often gives out tickets on here in competitions.

Anyway, I think Joshua will win on points.

5. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

AJ in 4 rounds

6. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with genuine supporters in Club Wembley but it's often corporates that get the tickets for 'entertainment' and you then see the embarrassing empty spaces as each half kicks off whilst the bars are heaving...

7. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

I know mate, it's the areas either side of the dugout that needs sorting out. It always looks empty as everyone sat there doesn't bother with the game and lords it up in the bar.

8. hammersmith junior

hammersmith junior Well-Known Member

Could be a classic or a damp squib. If it goes past 6 rounds I can see Klitschko winning. He's a very big price in my eyes,and although Joshua may well knock him out early doors,he has enough ring craft to frustrate the young champion. He may well be the real deal,but this is a huge step up in class compared with who he's fought so far. I just hope it lives up to hype,and as much as I want Joshua to win the value for me lies in a win for the Ukranian !

igor60, NorwayRanger and QPR999 like this.
  9. igor60

igor60 Well-Known Member

Very intresting match indeed. Like Hammersmith said AJ is favourite, but if it goes over sixth round the experience of WK comes in and the Joshua might be in trouble. AJ is like Tyson 2.0 and we all remeber, that Tyson needed to have things done in the first three rounds or he was in trouble. He usually did thought.......

10. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Watching the undercard from mamahd.com at the moment, hopefully it'll stay stable for the big one later on.....

11. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

I bit the bullet and gave Eddie Hearn £20.

This Quigg fight is excellent.

12. Steelmonkey

Lets get ready to ruuuuummmmble!! WK looks focused, but AJ looking good too...

13. Steelmonkey

Both fighters been down, Klitchko in 5th, AJ in 6th - still all to fight for.....

14. Eamon Holmes

Eamon Holmes Well-Known Member

Too late for AJ now. Klitchko by five point margin IMO.

15. Steelmonkey

All over, AJ with a belting 11th round, and ref steps in and stops it....brave effort by Klitchko, but just didn't have the legs at the end

16. Steelmonkey

Ooooppps!! :emoticon-0128-hi:

17. 1982_Ranger

1982_Ranger Well-Known Member

Me too, even though I begrudge seeing the smug twat after every fight.

Worth it though, great fight and well fought comeback by AJ.

18. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Fantastic fight. I thought AJ was out of it after he went down in the 6th. AJ has the heart of a lion and what a finish to the fight in the 11th!!

Klitschko is a warrior and should get huge respect.

19. Steelmonkey

Really enjoyed the fight, difficult to pick a winner at times as AJ definately had the better start, but looked on his way out after being put down by Wlad in the 6th. Dug deep and was definately on the back foot for a few rounds after that, but managed to turn it on when it mattered, and had Klitchko all over the place in the 11th - if the ref hadn't stepped in he would've been going down anyway. Great Saturday nights entertainment (and Mr Hearn didn't get a penny from me!!)

20. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

What a magnificent fight, surely the best heavyweight match-up for a very long time. Joshua has answered a lot of questions tonight.