1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Joshua v Klitschko

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Tyson Fury would make a great right wing back <whistle>

2. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

No doubt about it.

ImperialTiger and Polly13 like this.
  3. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Well-Known Member

I think Fury would dance around Joshua stealing rounds but late on I think Joshua catches him.

Joshua by TKO in about round 9.

Polly13 likes this.
  4. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Silly **** - why don't you add something constructive to the thread instead of your pissed up incoherent bollocks. Knobhead.

5. Carmine Galante.

Carmine Galante. Well-Known Member

Why are you so angry?

6. Carmine Galante.

Carmine Galante. Well-Known Member

Tell you what mate, let's call it a day.

We've never had a beef before and this has got a bit silly now.

Tomorrow is another day and as far as I'm concerned we can start afresh.

:emoticon-0150-hands

7. Real ale tiger

Real ale tiger Well-Known Member

Quite entertaining for a Sunday night.carry on

8. Qatartiger Cambridgetiger

Qatartiger Cambridgetiger Well-Known Member

After a come back like that he looked out of it. He hung in there. And took his chance. Fantastic from both fighters. On a downward curve. He is still young and learning.

Polly13 likes this.
  9. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

I went to the fight and have since watched it back. At the time of the knockdown it was very tight. On my scorecard, I had AJ 1 up, but there's a strong argument that WK was up by 1/2. Some of the rounds were very tough to call.

It was naivety that nearly got AJ beat and yes the fight was probably a little too soon for him. He started very well though and at the end of the 4th he was 3-1 up (39-37), but he went for broke in the 5th and it nearly cost him. Had he of sat back behind the jab, I feel he'd have got him out of there with minimal fuss by the 8/9th.

More positives for AJ, his head movement has improved massively as well as his defence as a whole and he'll have learnt more than in his other 18 fights combined. If there was a rematch, it would be far more routine. I don't think the true atmosphere came across on the TV, it was absolutely electric and all 90k were on their feet for the full fight.

Polly13 likes this.
  10. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

What about the frail and the children who couldn't see because people were stood up, quite apart from the danger.<laugh>

Must have been a great experience being there.

11. Polly13

Polly13 Well-Known Member

Tyson in his prime would've beaten ANY man who ever stepped into a ring. Right then he was the most fearsome and brutal boxer of all time.

Carmine Galante. and GLP like this.
  12. Polly13

My point is pretty clear, really; you (quite rightly) pointed out that Lewis schooled/battered Tyson, and I was merely reminding you that Tyson was past his best by then.

What's your point?!

13. Polly13

Yeah, it would've been a split decision.

This suggests plenty of doubt during the fight.

14. Polly13

I'm a bit perplexed at the way you've carried on here, GLP. Maybe it's been a misunderstanding of semantics, whereby you think 'the fight was never in doubt' means something slightly different to the rest of us.

When AJ was caught with that shot in the 6th round and started doing his Frank Bruno impression, there only looked like being one winner at that point. Yes, he had enough ringcraft about him to stay out of trouble for a couple of rounds until he had his wits about him again, but I can't believe that you weren't feeling any doubts during that part of the fight, especially when even his own trainer admitted to feeling certain he was about to lose.

15. Polly13

It's probably the only thing that could motivate him now. I would fully expect him to get back in shape, get his head in the right place, and focus intently on fighting AJ, for one last potential hurrah. It would be an awesome fight, and probably quite similar to the one he had with Klitschko, albeit with a slightly different result, I believe.

Nobody should make the mistake of underestimating Fury - for all that he comes across as a clown sometimes, and despite the fact that he's no elite athlete or power puncher, he's a natural boxer, with incredible fighting intelligence. The difference this time, I believe, would be that Joshua is less cautious than the latter-day Klitschko, and is much more likely to throw a lot of heavy shots, especially knowing that Fury isn't as likely to counter with anything like the power of Vlad, and he would finish him at some point, probably several rounds into the bout.

Walter Sobchak likes this.
  16. THE EXCLUSIVE 10%

THE EXCLUSIVE 10% Well-Known Member

Every bout is Filled with doubt right until the end of the fight. If you know your boxing you will understand that one punch can change a fight completely and it happens all the time. I used to. I'd until last week and injury has forced me to retire. Many a time I have been on the back foot, taking it til it hurts then bang down they go. If you watched me until that finishing punch you would def say me winning was in doubt but I managed to turn it around every time I had to. My trainers used to go nuts at me but could not argue with the results. As a boxer you have absolute beiief in your victory. Without that you would not get in the ring. But it is always in doubt no matter what you believe.

Fez and ImperialTiger like this.
  17. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

I was myself, never in any doubt that Joshua would win. Even when he picked himself up off the floor. I've done a lot of sparring myself and I was confident he'd clear his head and go on to win. It has been a great learning curve for Joshua and he had to go to the depths of self examination. He will now I feel be the dominant force in this division.

Question marks hung over Joshua could he (Joshua) take a shot? Yes. Could he (Joshua) compete with a 'World Class' boxer? Yes.

I think there was a lot of wasted energy expended by both boxers in the 5th and the 6th with both going down and both going for the finish.

Why would he win? He's the younger boxer with age on his side. I've never rated Klitschko - despite his record. He's fought in an era where the heavyweight division has been very poor - very poor. Though Klitschko was for this fight in the best condition of his career - but in my opinion he just doesn't have the tools in his locker as a dynamic fighter.

Whatever anyone else thinks is fine. I am allowed a different opinion - to be honest it went well over the top on this thread yesterday, not just from me, so I'm not going there again.

18. Polly13

Fair enough, but I still find this hard to believe.

19. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

That's fine. Like I said - not everyone has to have the same opinion. As I've done a bit of boxing in my time - I don't think my opinion is any less valid.

20. Polly13

Fury is at it already:

"I could beat Joshua with one arm tied behind my back".

He's a knob, but the fact that he has no qualms about coming out with nonsense like does make me laugh. I hope he makes the build up as entertaining as he did before his fight with Klitschko!