1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Josh Gowling and Luke Rooney

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by HOADIE_BOI, Apr 24, 2011.

1. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

What do you think about these bunch of idiots, Do you think we should drop them and is there any other you think we should drop.
    Express your opinions below.

2. GillinghamFC

GillinghamFC Member

im guessing that was your first game this season then, I think you're the idiot here.

3. HOADIE_BOI

Why do you think I am an idiot, I am actually very intelligent and know a lot about Gillingham and many other clubs.

4. GillinghamFC

GillinghamFC Member

I'm not questioning your intelligence, but the barnet game was just a blip, they've been superb all season!

5. HOADIE_BOI

Yeah I know it was a blip, But all I was saying and I still think the same now, Rooney is only an impact sub, He is not the sort of player you can start with, No disrespect to the lad, But he really can only make an impact like after 60 Minutes as he can come on when some of the oppoinants players may be lacking a bit of pace, Fitness so therefore he can make an impact, But he was a poor choice to start with and in my eyes in the whole time he has been with us, he has only had one good game when he started and that was against Soton last season when he scored in our 4-1 away defeat.
    On the other hand with Gowling, I thought he had improved, But yet again he let us down, also he wants to leave so he may not be going out there giving 100%, By the look of it Hessenthaler may not play him again as he was not even on the bench so Hess must not be happy with him at all. My point is I believe Richards has always been the better of the two as he always gives 100%, gets into the players and is like a brick wall at the back, also a great partner with King and also has been good with Lawrence during the time they have played together.
    So I do have my reasons mate.

6. Gills79

Gills79 Member

I disagree - Gowling was poor until he went out on loan to Lincoln. Rooney hit the post against Barnet but was otherwise poor. He's a real worry from a defensive point of view - often caught in possession in bad areas and often unaware of whats going on around him. He's fine in and around the opponents penalty area but he needs to develop more than that.

7. Gills79

Gills79 Member

Hoadie - I agree with you but you posted while I was still typing!

8. HOADIE_BOI

Yeah that is one of the main reasons why Rooney is no good to start with, I find it ok many others will agree with me and many others will disagree with me like you, I like Rooney, he is a good player.
    I do also agree with you that Gowling has been much better since coming back and that was his first bad game in like 4 months, But even though he has been good most of the time I still think Richards is better than him, But that is what I think. You may think differently.

9. GillinghamFC

GillinghamFC Member

I am guessing you two then, havent been to many away games this season, they have been really good away. Especially Gowling at Lincoln! Yeah i agree rooney is an impact sub, but he has so much potential, and is a great impact sub!

10. Tom-Tom-Sat-Nav

No reason to call anybody `idiots` just because of a bad game. Is Bayo and `idiot` because he was so poor against Barnet? No.

Gowling had a shocker yeah but he has been possibly our most improved player over recent weeks, and as per the comment about him wanting to leave.....not entirely sure the right end of the stick has been grabbed here, appears to be garbage spouted by his agent and nothing more.

Rooney is an impact sub indeed, but as a young player you would have to ask your manager if you are ever going to amount to anything other than as sub?

11. GillinghamFC

GillinghamFC Member

Thanyou Tom, just stated my point exactly.

12. Tom-Tom-Sat-Nav

Apologies, didn't mean to step on toes ;-)

13. Bobbyboy

Bobbyboy New Member

Seems to me that Rooney has some potential but does need to develop a more rounded game. He's young and I like the passion he clearly has when he plays, even if it does boil over from time to time. Gowling is a reasonable player for the most part but his failure to make the right decisions at some critical moments undermines his overall game.

14. GillinghamFC

GillinghamFC Member

I wasnt being sarcastic, I

15. GillinghamFC

GillinghamFC Member

was just saying thanks!

16. Gills79

Gills79 Member

Are we not all saying the same thing here really? Rooney has potential but needs to develop his game further and is a really useful impact sub at this stage of his career. He's not yet at the required consistency level to be a first choice starter. As for Gowling, he was poor before his Lincoln loan spell but was much improved after ( until the Barnet debacle!). This may be academic after his omission at Rotherham - We may not see him again now.

17. HOADIE_BOI

Yeah I wasn't being nasty to the two players mentioned but I think Rooney is just the wrong one to start with and Richards is better than Gowling.

18. brb

brb Guest

That just about sums it up for me, shame about Gowling but his mistakes in the box on Saturday were glaring and at a vital stage of the season, unforgivable.

It's not so much that we lost the Barnet game, it happens, especially against teams fighting relegation, it was more the manner in which we were humilated.

Finally as I've posted on this thread, I do NOT consider them to be idiots, they made mistakes and Hessy has made them pay for those mistakes, by dropping them against Rotherham.

19. HOADIE_BOI

Yeah I think it may be the case that I have done what many have done which is post something which is not completely what you wanna write or something which is wrong when you are angry, They are not idiots, But they are not the sort of players I would chose now for these end of season games, Also I would say I may not put Gowling in the team now as he has stabbed us in the back by saying he wants to leave.

20. HOADIE_BOI

Yeah I haven't been able to get to many away games this season due to overriding work commitments, Which is annoying, But it is money which I need, But I do know Gowling has been great in many games this season and I thank him for that, But still overall I would say Richards is better.