1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jordan Spence Interest.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, May 1, 2017.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Bristol City set to battle it out with Nottingham Forest for Ipswich Town defender - reports
    The Robins are reported to be interested in bringing back the defender who was previously on loan at the club
    Bristol City are reportedly interested in securing the services of Ipswich Town defender Jordan Spence.

The 26-year-old only joined Ipswich in January on a short term deal having left MK Dons, but his contract is due to expire this summer.
    Spence, who is predominantly a right-back, had two spells on loan at Ashton Gate in 2011 and 2012, making 22 appearances before being recalled by West Ham.
    The former England Under-21 player has impressed since joining Mick McCarthy's side in January and has made 16 appearances for the Portman Road outfit.
    Despite reported interest from a number of Championship clubs, Spence spoke as recently as last month about his desire to remain with Ispwich.
    “I’m thoroughly enjoying my time here,” Spence said after Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Birmingham on April 1
    “It’s been great to be back in the thick of things. If the chance came to stay here, obviously that would appeal but that’s not a priority for me at the moment.
    “It’s about being part of putting on a positive spin to the end of the season here."
    Mark Little has been City's regular right-back this season having made 33 appearances for Lee Johnson's side. But City will be keen to add depth to their squad ahead of next season as they hope to avoid a repeat of this season's relegation jitters
    HITC are reporting that City could face a battle with fellow Championship strugglers Nottingham Forest if they show an interest in the ex-Hammers man.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-set-battle-out-40519

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  2. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

Hope he stays there. Was decent in his first loan. **** in his 2nd and if rumours are to believed he was a bit of a lazy troublemaker in his 2nd spell which is why he was dropped and we didn't bother going back in for him. Could have improved and grown up since but I'd rather we look at someone better.

3. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

good to see forest preparing for life in div1.