1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Jools Hootenanny

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Bengals Tiger

Bengals Tiger Well-Known Member

Apart from chuck 'em off the British throne ...

2. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

There used to be a programme show on YTV in the 1980s called Shindig, an STV production featuring one Sidney Devine. Myself and a mate working shifts used to catch it in an afternoon. It was so bad it was a laugh to watch it. One day the announcer on YTV instead of just saying it was the last programme said, and you could hear the relief in his voice " And that is the last EVER time you will be seeing Shindig on YTV.". It carried on in Scotland for some time.
    Sidney Devine was a major star in Scotland. He was top of the bill on the Beatles first tour of Scotland. Here is an example of him at his "best". Why the intro is a Lawdy Miss Clawdy piano riff before going into Engelbdrt song is a mystery.

3. Bengals Tiger

My wife and I used to be (and still are) huge fans of Humpty Dink (previously Jerry Dorsey on Radio Bandbox), and have seen him live on stage a few times. Neither of us could remember his version of this song, but we eventually found it on Google, sung in a most peculiar mid-Atlantic accent. Definitely not one of his best, but brilliant in comparison to that Scottish git!

4. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Actually, a bit of an error on my part. That was a Ray Charles classic, though it also has an opening riff of a Presley song for some reason. I copied the wrong link.
    The Engelbert song with the Lawdy Miss Clawdy opening riff I intended to post was this assault on the ear drums. (I was going to post his version of Old Shep but no one deserves that).

5. Bengals Tiger

Oh maaan, that's terrible! I, me, myself, personally, have sung far better than that at the pub formerly known as The Blue Heaven on Southcoates Lane, over 50 years ago. I'm even better than that now, provided I have earplugs. And you say this pillock is/was popular in Bony Scooatland? Jeez!

6. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  7. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Just flicked through it. Bird out of caravan palace is French and dirty as. Worth watching for that alone.

Ali Campbell. Jesus Christ awful. Looked like max wall singing.

Some good singers on but, Flat tired and jaded.

8. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Got back from pub about 11:40, all piled in, someone put Hoot on and it was dire, turned over, after midnight, and Robby Williams was Rocking the night in - half decent, to be fair - but we were all pissed, so ...

9. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm not sure what people were expecting, it was pretty much exactly the same as it is every year.

10. southerntiger

southerntiger Well-Known Member

I loved Imelda Mays new look