1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jon Dagur Thorsteinsson Signs Up

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

More good news from the Academy.

"The Club are pleased to announce that Jon Dagur Thorsteinsson has signed a new professional contract which keeps him at Fulham until the summer of 2019.

upload_2017-1-19_17-45-52.jpeg

The attacking midfielder made the step up to Peter Grant’s PL2 group this season, making 11 appearances and scoring two goals to date, while he’s also featured heavily for the Under-18s. His free-kick against Aston Villa for the 18s was subsequently voted October Goal of the Month.

“It’s great to get a new deal, and I’m keen to keep working hard,” the 18-year-old told fulhamfc.com. “It’s an opportunity and it gives me more time to get into the First Team. This is my second season and I feel like I’ve settled in. In your first season everything is new, but when I came back this summer I knew what to expect.

“Fulham is a nice place to develop, all the staff are great so I’ve found it very easy to settle in, and my digs are really nice as well, so everything is good. Before, I was playing more with the Under-18s, but now I’m playing a lot of games with the 23s. I feel like I’m doing well, I’ve scored a few goals, so it’s been a good season so far for me. “Academy players are given a chance here, which is good to see. In the summer people like Ryan [Sessegnon] and Dennis [Adeniran] went away to Portugal [with the First Team], and that’s something I’d like to do as well in the future.”

Academy Director Huw Jennings added: “We are delighted that Jon Dagur has committed his long term future to Fulham. He is a very intelligent player and he has developed significantly since his move from Iceland in July 2015
    ".

Cravingawin likes this.