1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Johnson v Warnock

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Oldsparkey, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hi playmates - so this return game has eventually come around. Don't know about you guys but I see this one in the same light as our earlier encounter - a duel between two managers just as much as those on the pitch.

That first game at the CCS could have gone either way to be honest, but it looked to most of us over here that "old warhorse" Warnock had outmanaged "new kid on the block" Johnson on the day.

The manner of our Cup defeat at home to Fulham last week was not the sort of game I'd want to see again and Warnock took a lot of flak for his approach and demeanour on the touchline. He seemed disinterested and that was a surprise given his character. I suspect tomorrow will be a different matter though and see it as a bigger test for Johnson than him.

I've seen you have a poor run since our first meeting when you were a dozen points ahead of us. We're now level on points and that's mainly due to your poor performances since then rather than ours because we've been no great shakes to be honest.

I wonder if you thought Warnock could somehow influence Johnson's future at your club in this game or is he safe for the season now?

manxrobin likes this.
  2. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Definitely not safe, lose tomorrow and against Forest, he will be under immence pressure from the board,the fans will have said enough is enough.

His saving grace may be his three new recruits which hopefully will serve him better,than the last influx he signed.

Having spent 3 million+ on two players that do not get game time.

If it does not turn around Steve Lansdown will have to say i made a mistake in appointing LJ.
    However he is backing him with more millions in the transfer market,more than any manager in Bristol City's history.

3. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Big game tomorrow Old Sparkey, and it could go either way.

I'm sure Dame Nelly has thought of some gamesmanship and spoiling tactics to bring to the party....<laugh>

4. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

please log in to view this image

Getting ready for the big match.

manxrobin and bcfcredandwhite like this.
  5. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

somebody plug him in please

banksyisourhero likes this.
  6. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

Yep, hopefully the officials are decent and don't gift you a goal like they did in October. Having said that I still think we'll lose as it's **** at the moment, you'll be favourites and rightly so. 1st goal will decide it.

7. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Ah, got it now.

Warnock sides only win because he uses gamesmanship, puts a pantomime curse on the opposition, and the match officials are biased against his opponenets........<laugh><laugh>

Come on fellas, you need to be a bit more constructive than that.

Maybe he has the abilty as a football manager to push a moderate outfit like us at the moment to results beyond expectations?

Maybe his experience gives him a better insight into what's needed on a game by game basis rather than trying to play "pretty stuff" all the time and losing?

Maybe even Johnson could do a lot better for you if he learnt from him?

Red Robin likes this.
  8. Shinycitylad7

I never said that's why warnocks side win. I know you're a Cardiff fan but you must know what an offside rule is. If the flag went up for offside like it so clearly should have done, you would have had no penalty. Who knows how the game would have ended up then, all I know is we've had **** decisions go against us lately and it would be nice to have a decent ref. I expect you've experienced the same as it tends to happen to the teams at the bottom.

9. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Shinylad - rub of the green pal.

I'm sure we've all held our heads in our hands at some point when the ref does (or doesn't) blow up for something that can effect the outcome of a game.

I've got no pre-conceived ideas about tomorrow's game. In fact if anything I think we'll do well to come away from AG with a point. <ok>

10. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Hello OS,

We have our 3 new players who will have had at least a better chance to bed in this week, which is just as well because if they don't each at least score a hat trick each some of the impatients on here will want them replaced by Sunday night.

You will see a different side tomorrow.. whether it will be a good or bad one I don't know.

11. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Look forward to it banksy. New players bedding in can take some time but quality will always tell in the end.

New decent players are a luxury for us at the moment. We've had to make do with out of contract players half of whom have been shown the door last week.

Tan flying in for this weekend (don't know if he'll be at AG though) and will discuss the dosh available with Warnock - let's see what we get.

12. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

I personally don't blame the linesman for the off side decision. To me they get a split second and it took countless replays to prove it.
    Some you win some you don't etc.
    Working in Cardiff when lots of Cardiff fans will be either fun or hell next week. Draw means they will say your style home etc.

Will Nelly the Clown out manage LJ probably or it will be some controversy in his head to spout not nonsense in the after match commentary. Blaming the showers etc (do players have showers before they play?) or bringing up the ghost goal again.

Either way it's going to be interesting. Me personally hate I Cardiff games as I don't like Cardiff but can't join in the anti Welsh chants either. But my wife will be no doubt and looking at me thinking it's funny. I have the last laugh when I put two inches of fine Welsh meat in her ;)

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  13. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

She told me you can't stop exaggerating.

BluefromBridgend and RedorDead like this.
  14. RedorDead

I tell her it's 10 inches so this morning she thought we had 6 inches of snow :)

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  15. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Well, Neil is not exactly gracious when a decision goes against him - he was quite cross actually when Palace scored the 'goal that wasn't' during one of his sides visits!
    I'm sure he loves us really.

16. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

I think most people would have been quite cross about that :emoticon-0100-smile

bcfcredandwhite likes this.
  17. Shinycitylad7

Rub of the green <laugh>

I'm just stating facts mate. I don't care what's happened in games before or games to come. When mistakes are made that effect the game then you're always up against it. I know they are only human and mistakes are made, isn't much consolation if it's you that they've gone against though..... All ifs and buts in the end. I'm just hoping there is no controversy from the officials and we get a good exciting game where we win 6-0 <laugh>

18. RedorDead

Don't be silly 6-0!

Don't you realise we always concede one, so 6-1 is more realistic ;)

19. manxrobin

manxrobin Well-Known Member

Old Sparkey.
    Don,t you know that this town ain't big enough for the both of us....

20. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Colin will get the reception he deserves