1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Johnson Last 30 Game Record.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Apr 25, 2017.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Just a reminder of our Coach or Managers record on the last 30 games.

Won ~ 7 - Drawn ~ 5 - Lost ~ 18.

Points won ~ 26 - Points lost ~ 64.

Some of his stated aims ~
    A) ~ Will fast track us into the Premier league like Swansea or Burnley.

B) ~ Europa Cup within 5 years.

Just some simple facts, you make up your own mind on the success of our 2016/17 season ending.

2. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

I was looking at our home and away form. Winning the last few games at home has made our record look decent. W 11 D 4 L 7 with 37 points. The home league table has us 14th.
    The away is a different story. W 3 D 5 Lost 14. Just 14 points. Away table has us 22nd.
    That's still 22 games played away and LJ is responsible for game plan, tactics etc.- That for me is the biggest area that we need to improve. The fans at home have been magnificent this season, I feel and have been a 12th man.
    We will clearly miss Tammy next season. LJ will still be in charge but things do need to change.

3. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

Why have you arbitrary picked 30 games? Why not 10,20, 46 or 525? Is there a random number generator in place or have you just picked the number of games to get the worst case scenario?

4. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Yeah I find it a bit weird that you pick 30 games and then make out that it's the 'season ending'.

5. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Surely even you can work out it's as near as I can get to 2/3 of the season, why must there always be the suspicion of a fix, simple facts and simple figures proves the qualities and consistency of the man, good or bad, I don't deny you the euphoric start to the season you lot bang on about, I've not even been critical in this comment.

These are just simple stats, if you choose to continue your line of argument in support of jnr please carry on but I have not fixed or falsified the facts as stated M'lud.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  6. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

The season has two games to go, add 6 points, divide by 2 , do as you wish, the season nearly ending, I can't change results as they are or the points lost.

7. Loathsneyd

But why 2/3 of the season? Why not half or even something radical like the entire season to date. Why not the amount of games he has been in charge of us (67 at my count). We all know City had a bad winter. There are 9 months in a season (10 if you include the one game in May). The 4 months of November, December, January and February were desperate and City had a losing record in each month. We actually have a winning record for 4 months with October coming out level. These are also simple stats.

Also in his 67 games in charge we've won 25 drawn 13 and lost 29. Equate that to a 46 game season and we will come out with roughly 60 pts, which would see safely in the middle to top half of the Championship. Again simple stats. (Although I accept that some of the games were cup games)

8. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Im sure it's not lost on anyone on here that whenever the anti LJ brigade put stats up on here about the teams performance this season, it's always with a negative conatation and they always manage to ensure the bad run of successive defeats is in there, as above.

I can just see it next season if we have another good start, it'll be all check out his stats over the last 43 games etc.

This comes back to what I said on another thread, if SL or any of his advisors do run a cursory eye over this site they must know how polarising LJ is to the fans, and many simply will never ever buy into him being our manager.
    Now we are safe it might just be best for all if SL lets him go, at least he can go at the end of the season with his reputation (outside of this club) still in-tact.

9. Loathsneyd

Also your stats are wrong. That's not our record for the last 30 games

10. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I can't understand what you lot are up in arms about, I have merely taken the last 30 games, nothing historical, nothing futuristic, just the basic results from current efforts.
    30 games played, W7 - D5 - L 18 ,Points gained 26 - Points lost 64..

Simple figures, no fix, no percentages, no comparisons, just the simple truth, you can try and complicate it, blur over the points I've expressed but the truth is there for all to see, people can make up their own minds, they are not fools.

11. Loathsneyd

But its not the truth those stats are wrong

12. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Wiz - a serious question for you (not a trick question - I value what you think)
    I get that you think LJ should go - and given the disappointing season I can see why
    It would appear that he will be in charge at the start of next season
    My question is what would LJ have to do to change your mind about him?

13. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

14. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

At the end of the day, yes it's been a disappointing season, but we are safe......
    Seems to be a bit of a pattern with LJ at the minute, knows how to win games when most needed....did so last season too....
    I will take that as a positive, he's a survivor........just needs to broaden that over a season!!

Until a really decent manager (renowned for success in this championship) becomes available.....I'm happy sticking with LJ for now..

15. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Just to put things (I hope) accurately.
    Record of last 30 league games..
    April - LLWWDW = 6
    March - DDWW = 4
    February - WDLLDL = 6
    January - LLWLLD = 6
    December - WLLLLL = 6
    November - LLL = 3

I have just done a recount and you are dead right, I made 2 small errors for which I appologise, I included a cup match (Fleetwood) and missed a win, I have re- adjusted these are what I hope are the correct figures...

31 games played ~ W 8 - D 6 - L17 = 31.... Points won 30 ~ Points lost 63..

So correction 1 extra game played, 1 more game W and 1 more D = 4 extra points, 1 less game lost and minus 1 point on total

16. oneforthebristolcity

We could make the stats look quite good.
    April 10 points out of 18
    March 8 points out of 12
    That's 18 points more than most "doomers" on here thought we'd get!!

17. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Simon, I tried to write this comment just based on simple facts (typically I got it a bit wrong but I've corrected it now,I hope) it's like being in the den with the lions, I don't want to condemn the guy anymore I've done with him personally but I am realistic enough to know who cares what I think anyway.

At the seasons end, I start afresh, I admit I am missing not receiving my new season card, along with my family(5 of us) is breaking a habit,I realise, like a lot on here got it right Bristol City FC won't miss me or mine, so I'm giving it a miss for a while, I am also as already stated going to step down from 606 at the seasons end after 6 years, it's not the same for me anymore, the joy I will miss, the arguments and misery I won't.

Hope that answers your question.

18. oneforthebristolcity

You're taking it personally Wiz, which you shouldn't mate...It's just debate and opinion, makes none of us neither right or wrong..
    It's what makes this forum interesting compared to others..

19. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Not taking anything personal mate, I'm sorry if I am giving that impression, just trying to give an honest answer to a valued contributor.

I'm glad you like the forum I feel the same way, very much. I don't plan to leave 606 but I just want to participate when I choose, maybe a younger mind might add to the value by stepping in to the Mod role, freshen it up a bit.<ok>

20. TampaBayBCFC

TampaBayBCFC Active Member

Stick around Wiz. Posters like you keep the forum active. Age has nothing to do with it.

We aren't supposed to agree on everything. It's human nature to have differences and that sparks healthy debate.

We don't live in North Korea, so let's argue but keep it civil.

I don't hate LJ but I hate how his tenure has impacted supporters. Let's hope either next season is different or SL pulls his head out if either the sand or his rear end...

oneforthebristolcity likes this.