1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Joe Cole

Discussion in 'West Ham' started by Swords Hoopster., Jan 3, 2013.

1. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

Alf, you still alive?

Looks like you're getting Cole. Not sure how to feel about that to be honest. At first I didn't want him as he's too old and would be on big wages like the rest of our squad but now that I know Harry really wanted him, maybe we've missed out?

Anyway, you owed us one what with the Rob Green scenario and all that!

2. Bzzz

Bzzz Active Member

If he's on the reported 30k a week and he stays fit then I feel its a good deal for us.
    How do you feel about Tal Ben Haim ?:wink:

3. Bzzz

Bzzz Active Member

0,,12562~11535829,00.jpg

Great Photo

4. trixter_whufc

trixter_whufc New Member

31 years old - not really old is it?

Played plenty of games for Lille last season so nothing to suggest he will have injury problems.

Cracking player that offers us something different.

Welcome home Joe.

5. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

Two very big ifs there mate. You can understand why I wouldn't be over enthused if Cole came to us. It was signing over 30, injury prone, big names in the Summer that got us into the disaster we're now in. For 3 windows running we've signed nothing but these kinds of players and its backfired spectacularly on us every time. Maybe our Chairman is finally learning his lesson.

Ben Haim? Not excited about him at all as you can imagine but at least he ain't costing us like the rest of the squad.

6. Anfieldheros

Anfieldheros Member

I heard it was 50k pw. Anyway he did well for you today. Hope he does well for you. I would of liked to have seen more of him when he was at Liverpool.

7. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

good game today, he played well mainly because it looked a bit like he wass allowed to do what he's good at. Stifled at Chelsea by Mourinho who doesn't seem to like those types of players, with C R being the obvious exception, but Cole and Robben were stifled at Chelsea, and at Liverpool Gerrard is given the free rein. the crosses he sent in were dangerous, now couple him with A Carroll and I think big Andy will get the goals his displays for us have warranted.

Ben Hai, was a good player for a few seasons while at Bolton getting himself bought by Mourinho, wasn't that great for us, but now at the twilight, Harry might do something with him.