1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Joe Allen

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by ShanghaiSwan, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShanghaiSwan

ShanghaiSwan New Member

Swansea City manager Michael Laudrup has not ruled out selling the club's best players if the price is right.

Midfielder Joe Allen has been linked with a move to join former Swansea boss Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool.

Laudrup said he has no intention of selling Allen, 22, but is not surprised that Swansea's best players are targets for other Premier League clubs.

"It's normal there is interest but of course we want to keep our most important players here," he said.

"But it's also a part of football to accept sometimes that people leave when the offer is too big - for the club or for the player."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18801585

2. Yankee_Jack

Yankee_Jack Well-Known Member

Read the article carefully .... he is saying that he has no intention of selling the club's top players, but that when and if offers are received they would be handled accordingly. Read the last quote in the thread - says it all.

3. Dilligaf

Dilligaf New Member

Pi55 off Bluebird and stop posting your usual doom and gloom threads. You've been rumbled so don't bother anymore. We know you aren't one of us

4. ShanghaiSwan

ShanghaiSwan New Member

This is what I read...

"But it's also a part of football to accept sometimes that people leave when the offer is too big - for the club or for the player."

So if an offer too big for SCFC comes in for Allen then he will be sold. That is a fact. ML has said it. If you can't understand that then you don't understand English.

5. ShanghaiSwan

ShanghaiSwan New Member

Don't know why it's doom and gloom. I don't want to see Allen leave, but if he does we'll get a good replacement, as we always do. Replacing players that leave with better players is the complete opposite of doom and gloom. Maybe you are too stupid to understand that.

You're right about one thing though - I'm certainly not one of you. I would never want to be associated with the likes of you. The majority of Swans fans are great, but people like you let the side down with your stupidity and constant sniping. For your own sake, get a life.

6. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

I agree that this tells us absolutely nothing that we didn't already know. If Barca were to get offered £100M for Messi then he would in all likelihood be sold. Same for every player in every team.

7. Dilligaf

Dilligaf New Member

You're the one who needs to get a life you really are one sad individual.

Yes, you're nothing like me I'm a Jack and you're a Bluebird.

What's the next thread then ? Ash Williams sold off, Liberty not expanded.
    Whatever it will be a detrimental one again that's for sure

8. stevejack

stevejack Active Member

I really hope he won't be sold, but a cynical part of me thinks that if there was no possibility of selling then ML wouldn't say anything at all.The repeated mention of Liverpool doesn't bode well either.
    Given that Allen is a youth set-up graduate it would hurt all the more.
    Don't go Joe; you Jack bastard!

9. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Liverpool won't bid until another team expresses an interest. Has that happened?

10. Manciniiiiiii

Manciniiiiiii Well-Known Member

give us Joe and you can have the pick of Downing, Henderson, Wee Jay and some of our youth players on loan and £10million.

<ok>

Oh, and you can have Cole if you want him?

11. PaGaNsWaN

PaGaNsWaN Active Member

ML was probably asked a direct question about Allen's position due to the recent rumours so had to give an answer. What ML has said is the same for every player and club so he hasn't stated anything of real significance.

12. stevejack

stevejack Active Member

Hows about we just keep Allen? ;)

13. stevejack

stevejack Active Member

I really hope you're right PaGaNsWan, i'd be gutted if this was leading somewhere. Hopefully it's just media looking to create a story.

14. Manciniiiiiii

Manciniiiiiii Well-Known Member

Please? You can just have us as your second team, then you can watch all your old players in one convenient location.<ok>

15. Stid

Stid Active Member

You're our second team already, we all like to take an interest in teams that are learning to play like Swansea :)

16. Norway-jack

Norway-jack Well-Known Member

I said this a few months back and will say the same again! If anybody want Joe Allen they seriously need to think about paying big boys transfer fees! £20m is the going rate for a player like him, thats what anyone would be paying for him if he was wearing a badge with Newcastles crest or Aston villa s! !

Im getting fed up of our players being under valued, if that bag of ****e andy carrol is worth £35m and Jorden henderson near £20 then Joe is at least pushing past henderson, there is no comparison between the two players! i cant really see him leave this season anyway, the club have a massive campaign coming up and getting rid of the family silver now is unwise with prem money pushing over £60m next year.

Joe is under contract and he will only be sold if somebody offers an andy carroll type transfer fee, surely there isnt any other club as daft as Liverpool who will offer such a figure..is there ??

Critical times ahead for the Swans, this season is going to be hard enough without letting our best players go, Sinclair is a different story, he holds some of the cards ,but Joe Allen? sell him and i think there will be trouble on the terraces <ok>

17. The Lone Rangel

The Lone Rangel Active Member

Laudrup in "every player has their price" shock.

18. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

FFS get up to date lads, I told you weeks ago about little joe expressing his wish to join liverpool, old news and just waiting for an official approach thats all. Mr Laudrup is just clearing the way that some players may move to pastures new.....wait for the one about ash that will be tabled very soon also......it happens im afraid, some players move on and some join....its not a problem.....Thats how football opparates

19. Norway-jack

Norway-jack Well-Known Member

Swans player linked with shock move away is going to be pretty much par for the course after the season we just had Dai, i dont see any real suprise in what you said,in fact its quite obvious really <ok>

Point is though that joe is under contract, will this prediction come true ??

find out in next weeks episode of......

soap :)

20. The Lone Rangel

The Lone Rangel Active Member

No! It's super secret inside information!

Apparently someone in the know told him that the Sun will come up tomorrow too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.