1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jock Football RIP

Discussion in 'Millwall' started by TC (Lovely Geezer), Aug 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. costablanca cockney hoop

again, the EPL is a saleable commodity. please dont blame us for grabbing what we can get, SPL sides would do the same if the opportuinity arose, who wouldnt?

2. Bhoy From Brum

Bhoy From Brum Well-Known Member

Main shareholder is a billionaire so money is there to a degree but I can see where they come from in that the club has to run itself, they can only pump so much in.

The main gripe is that we won 3 titles in a row, qualified for knockout stages of the CL and got complacent, and as I said were happy to be less **** then our rivals & its now coming back to haunt us a bit.

We have a good young group of players though, Ki, Kayal, Hooper, Ledley and a few others will move on to the PL soon for big money and we need to reinvest it wisely on more young emerging talent and play the long game.

3. rockymountainlion

my personal opinion is that celtic and rangers have become more interested in beating each for the league title in the last couple of years, european football has taken a back seat

4. costablanca cockney hoop

maybe you should chat with your owners ( yeah, like they would listen!).

us footy supporters are a strange breed, we would like to think our beloved owners read and listen to our concerns ( yeah, i know ) but still, we remain optomistic, hope for the best, and move on.

anyways,we can talk till the cows come home,as the wise man said, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

prophetic, or just the beer talking?

gotta go,

all the best,

QPR.

5. jobdone

jobdone Member

At the end of the day rangers and celtic have ruined scottish football by killing off the smaller clubs at every opportunity, they are against reform coz it will mean more money for other clubs and they are quite happy with the status quo

6. Admiral Pure

Admiral Pure Well-Known Member

<doh>

It's big bad Celtic and Rangers fault - boo hoo.

7. Admiral Pure

What you talking about? It was an important tie, we wanted to get through but we played poorly. I explained that. Very clearly I thought.

The reference to QPR-Rochdale was simply an analogy that you should appreciate - 'bigger' teams can and do lose to 'lesser' opposition. It may not have been your priority for this season but neither is the EL for us. We need to win the league this year - Rangers have won 3 in a row. This season's SPL winners are guaranteed CL group stage entry next season which in itself guarantees approx £15M income - 4-5 times as much as we could realistically expect to get from a EL run.

8. jobdone

jobdone Member

I don,t give a ****, it,s your ****e league. We laugh all the time about your league.

9. Admiral Pure

Ooooooh, I'm devastated.

10. harryhood67

harryhood67 Well-Known Member

Not as funny as when the English national team go to a major tournament , your press make you favourites , within a week your home with tail between your legs . Concentrate on your own problems rather than laughing at a nation of 5 million

11. DevAdvocate

DevAdvocate Gigging bassist

To put some perspective on this Seville and Roma went out the other night along with Villareal. Teams have off days, it happens.

12. jobdone

jobdone Member

I agree the press are idiots but at least we get there.

13. Bhoy From Brum

Bhoy From Brum Well-Known Member

Not really, every league around the world has its big teams - Spain has Barca & Real Madrid who are lightyears away from every other club in Spain in every aspect but they still have other clubs who make a fist of it in the domestic competitions & Europe.

Celtic are against reform if the reform is wrong, signing to Setanta instead of Sky, reducing the league rather than expanding it. They also vote for reform where reform is needed, the SFA, referees etc.

14. Fraziel

Fraziel New Member

yes, and we have approx 40 league clubs whereas you have approx 90. So that would extrapolate to 400 league clubs in Scotland if we had the same population as England. If you are going to make comparisons and criticisms you should at least have the brains to look at things fairly.if you can't do that then might I suggest you f*ck off back to England and amuse yourself with some rioting instead of coming on here and talking bollocks.

15. Fraziel

Fraziel New Member

16. superhoops

superhoops Member

Remember Scotland is a small poor country, currently depending on hand outs from a Tory Government. So the prospects are poor. We cannot hold on to all our under 16 players, so how are we going to develop and keep players into mid 20's. If people are going to adapt the adage that they want to do what is best for themselves and their families that will not include staying in Scotland. Why are Ally and Neil Managers of the top two clubs, because both boards know that they cannot attract any decent managers. Both boards went for managers who are club fanatics.
    People talk about Celtic especially and Rangers in particularly not spending in the years that they were successive and had success of a kind in Europe.
    Neither Celtic nor Rangers have any money; so at least over the last 10 years they have had no money. It is very difficult to spend what you don't have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.