1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Jnr Ready to Sell FLINT for £4M....

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

4 million to a championship club would be a piss take

Will be very disappointed if he goes to a championship club, he's England quality on his day and deserves the prem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I don't think he's prem class, but he is a sound championship player.
    I haven't read anything about him wanting to go - just that other clubs are sniffing. If he stays - great. If he goes and we get £4m for him - ok I suppose.

3. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

I don't know the context of the quote, but if it was on back of being asked directly about Flint's future, then I don't see anything wrong with it. Again, it's all conjecture without knowing all the facts, but if it is a case that Flint wants to go and it's at least partially because he knows he can earn a LOT more money elsewhere (even at another Championship club), then I personally think it's reasonable for LJ to openly state it's a possibility he'll move, but also highlight the fact that the club has done what it can to keep the player by giving him a better contract and ensure that they have good negotiating power if they decide to sell. Fans slated the club for allowing Nicky Maynard's contract to slip to being a year from expiry and being forced to accept a reduced transfer fee for a player who wanted away, and ended up at West Ham, who at the time were also a Championship club. I really don't think Flint is being forced out - he played practically every game last season, and if he's upset by the idea that he's replaceable then that'd be delusional for any professional footballer.

It sounds like I'm a 100% pro-LJ fan, but I'm not - I just try to be objective in my criticism and I think in this respect he and the club have acted appropriately.

manxrobin likes this.
  4. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

That is a perfectly fair and balanced answer, my problem is and it might just be my own thinking but I've seen LJ in action with other people and I don't trust him. I'm not going to over old ground as it will bore people to death but that is just my opinion.

The guy is in place and we have to go with it, I want Bristol City FC to become winners just like every other RED.

5. Alandicksthegreat

Alandicksthegreat Well-Known Member

"the guy is in place and we have to go with it, I want Bristol City FC to become winners just like every other RED"
    Except with LJ in charge, you forgot to put that on the end Wiz.

6. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

The guy is in place and we have to go with it, I can't be anymore explicit.