1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Jens Hegeler Signs

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Jan 4, 2017.

1. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

DEBATEABLE .. carrying on with the same points average with JP in charge prior to Lee joining would have seen us safe .... but he was "in charge"

2. maga1810

maga1810 Member

How much is a Zillion?

3. johngalleyfan2

1,000,ooo,000,000
    1,000,000,000,000,000 ? zillion if there is such a number
    some years ago they settled for billion and trillion being 9 zero's and 12 zero's
    a billion is /was a million x million it had 12 zero's

4. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

What exactly did Pembo do? He was in charge for five games. Won two his first with a late winner from a set piece that if Johnson had won @Redprintt would have inevitably put down to the dead cat bounce and the second win was due to a penalty against a free falling Charlton. In the other three games we failed to score and lost two of them

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  5. johngalleyfan2

7 points from 5 games = he would have accumulated 28 points? win 2 lose 3 would have been 24 points ...

6. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Ifs buts and maybes are all we can throw at each other in these sort of debates.

What would have happened if we'd stuck with GJ, SoD, McInnes, Cotts, Pembs (who didn't want it) or even Pulis?
    Nobody can prove anything once the manager has departed. Football isn't a science with scientific rules to guarantee outcomes.
    The only reality here is that we are sitting 18th after a dismal run, which included a couple of defeats in games which we should have won, conceding late goals in the process. That isn't good enough and either LJ has to turn it around, or someone else has to.
    Whoever it is - if they turn it around I'll be pleased, if they don't and we go down I'll be thoroughly frustrated and pissed off.

Supcon72 likes this.
  7. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

You know very little about football if that is your opinion!

We were heading down.. simple as that!!

8. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

You will be on the naughty step soon <laugh>

BCFCRob likes this.
  9. johngalleyfan2

football is more than just spouting off about what you think you know and what you have seen and who you play next etc there is always some order in the chaos
    LEE added 21 points from 25 ... JP 7 from 15 .. I never really had a doubt we would stay up .. once SC was gone, any doubts I had were well gone... but will admit when junior appeared on the scene I did wobble a bit ... but looking at the wider picture had no doubts we would survive ... I had florest Charlton mkd Rotherham Bolton and Huddersfield all likely to equal or be worse off point wise in our last 15 games city 16 florest 15 Charlton 15 mkd 12 Rotherham 12 Bolton 12 Huddersfield 11
    my stance at the moment .. is something has to give as we more doomed than last season .. but we do have a few more games to right the ship .. and we are trying to bolster any weaknesses which we failed to do previously.. my own personal projection with what we have pre jan3rd and no changes of thought and tactics points total = 51 or 52

10. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

What, so if in your eyes Pemberton was your hero last season Does he have nothing to do or say about the "Zillions we are spending? Oh of course not, it's all LJ's fault!!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017

11. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

He did indeed, but who's to say that SC wouldn't have turned it around last season with a few more games ?

I get the feeling that LJ will be given a lot more leeway than Cotts ever was when results aren't going well.

Redprintt and Red Robin like this.
  12. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

1For
    You need to get more sleep, I'm worried about you :emoticon-0115-inlov

13. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

More doomed than last season, that's a good one, <laugh><doh>. This time last season we were in the relegation zone, with half the number of wins we have now, with a squad so small we struggled to fill the bench, but luckily we got a new manager in who managed to turn things around

manxrobin and banksyisourhero like this.
  14. johngalleyfan2

There is so many differing opinions and arguments on here that often a line like the above has a subliminal tang of trying to be vitriolic .. JP did get his 7 points and to some degree Lee did not upset the apple cart for a few games but there were signs in the last few games of 2015/2016 what he had in mind .. hence transfer window .... buying { or OK ing? } the players brought in... and lets be brutally honest about our start this season we did get some easy games in the first 10 and just a couple hard ones .... had we not we would be well in the mire ... JP is assistant coach not the coach and has probably got more expieriemce than LEE with certain aspects . but as he has said "not really interested in full time manager status"

last season we were 3 points worse off .............. this season 3 points better off
    we had a small squad .......................................... full tailor made squad with excess bums to fill the bench
    last season we had lost 12 games ........................this season we have lost 14 games ###
    last season points in relegation zone ..
    differed from this season. ....................................this season points in bottom zone tighter
    ALL IN ALL if you look at the 2 seasons its 3 points better ...
    ### the fact we have lost 2 more coupled with just 3 draws against 9 draws last season can be interpreted as good or bad! ... jury is out!
    my opinion is we are worse off at this moment of time is based on those 6 draws difference ....
    but luckily we got a new manager in who managed to turn things around Highlighted in pink as your rose tinted specs will unlikely see it ....:emoticon-0105-wink: he hasn't turned it yet, but there is still time and with 3 points in it is sh** or bust..
    posted elsewhere points end of season "at this moment in time" 51 or 52" = safe? who knows what the rest do ....... at the moment just 2 results in it .....

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  15. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

I couldn't be bothered to read the rest of that nonsense..

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  16. johngalleyfan2

GOOD

17. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

<laugh>