1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jenkinson to Palace

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by PeterRICK, Jan 13, 2017.

1. PeterRICK

PeterRICK Well-Known Member

Supposedly this is very close to completion. How would people feel about losing Jenks permanently?

The fee mooted is paltry at around £3m which annoys me. I know he's not a regular starter but he's a young, competent English defender and they're at a premium. Is it me or do we always seem to get low fees for our players?

Personally I don't think he'll make it with us so, despite his love for the club, I'd let him go and wish him well. As things stand we've Bellerin and Gabriel didn't do badly as a back up. Technically there's always Debuchy too if he ever gets back from injury. Even if we do sell Jenks I can't see us buying in Jan to get a replacement.

2. PeterRICK

PeterRICK Well-Known Member

Fee supposedly agreed now. Not that you c*nts seem to care.

3. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

4. goonercymraeg

goonercymraeg Amnesia
    Forum Moderator

It's a ****ing shame the lad's going as he bleeds red and white,he's even got a plaque outside the Armoury.As things stand he's never going to be first choice with us so it's better for him he leaves.I really hope the lad has a successful career elsewhere.

PINKIE likes this.
  5. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

This <ok>

He's a Gooner through and through, but is he really good enough to play for us ?

6. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

To be fair, he managed to achieve quite a lot on a personal note. Played over 60 times for us, scored a goal and won an FA Cup with his boyhood club - not many professionals get to say that.

I hope injuries haven't hindered his confidence too badly and that he has a good career ahead of him. Still only 24.

PINKIE likes this.
  7. Henryj

Henryj New Member

People only like him coz he's a fan, if he wasn't people would throw sticks and stones towards him on daily basis. He's Championship level, or lower Premier league, sorry but he stayed to long in my opinion, they should've sold him ages ago, that switch to West Ham two years ago had to be permanent.

8. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

He did well at times for us when he had to step in and did really well in his first season with West Ham. And since Palace are in for him it would appear a lot of managers think he is premiership quality. But he is definitely not good enough for us. Compared to players like Bellerin, Monreal and Gibbs it's obvious he isn't up to standard. Glad that a fan of the team managed to play for us and be part of a trophy winning team but now he needs to move on and see what he can do with his career as he simply isn't Arsenal level.

PINKIE likes this.