1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jason Shackell of to bigger and better things at Burnley???

Discussion in 'Derby County' started by COOKIE69, Jul 5, 2012.

1. COOKIE69

COOKIE69 New Member

Just wondered what fellow rams fans thought of this crazy decision to sell our best player, and who do we replace him with??

2. Beer

Beer New Member

I think the board need to come out and explain themselves. To state that 'WE ARE NOT IN A POSITION WHERE WE NEED TO SELL', and then go and sell our captain for 1.1million is just absurd. I'd prefer if the board were just honest, even if it is all doom and gloom. I can't help but think that our beloved Rams arent benefitting from the parent company, and it may well be the other way around.

3. Yorkyram

Yorkyram New Member

We signed Shackell to take our team forward..to have a defender who was a leader..a proven player who could take us forward..his first season was a huge success..and what do we do, we sell him..worst decision we have made in years..this board want to wake up and smell the coffee..or the fans ought to do the same..because while ever we sign top quality players like Shackall only to sell on after only one season shows the ambition we have..absolutely none!!

4. niksboy

niksboy Active Member

Didn't turn out too bad though did it. Heard that he was a bully to the younger players